Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i just bought a 2007 raptor 700 se it is so sweet i love it. the thing that sucks is out the door the best i could do between 5 dealerships was 8500 otd it was 7549 for just the quad and i went to alll of them knowing that they get them for 6400 invoice for the se and make 3% hold back i can't believe no one would make a deal. what did other people pay for the 07 700 se? what's the free mods for this quad? thanks james

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congratulations on your new Raptor.
The SE is sweet.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Its hard for dealers to "make deals" right now on brand new 07 stuff. They know it will sell right now.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
yup,congrats,to bad you couldn't find it cheaper, when you make a good deal, they get less $ in pocket, so they are in the same boat is you, just want to make the best deal. i kinda wish i woulda got an 07, but like you said they didn't want to deal, and i really couldnt' afford to go much higher than i was already, so i stuck to the 06. either way, the fun you will have is PRICELESS!!! so you steal got a steal in my book!, .

·
Registered
201 Posts
The thing is these are new and are in demand. A dealer can sell them at full price without deals because people will buy them at those prices. Nice buy anyway... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Just picked mine up for $7449 and a set of loading ramps out the door with no taxes :grin_nod:. They won't deal much on a new ATV when they have all year to get rid of it before the new models are released.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Congrats and wealcome to the forum. You didnt get hurt I paid 8400 out the door 5 months ago for an 06 se :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have more time so i thought i should introduce myself better. I live in washington state on the hood canal my buddies and I all go riding about everyday and love going to the oregon dunes and make a habit of it as a matter afact i will be going again with a large group of 15 to florence on the 20th of oct. I also have a yfz450 and am a member on yfzcentral my 450 has had 4 motors in one year and am putting in the 523 ice cube as we speak. the 450 is fun but the 700r is better i love it way more even though i have about every part i can get on my 450. i plan on making my 700 faster with out the hassel of a motor kit. now for my concern I started my raptor today and it was cold it died when i turned on the headlights so i turned them off then started it again it idled rough and sounded fouled almost then i reved high and black smoke came out the exhaust then it warmed up and seemed to run fine, What Gives? has this happened to you guys is it normal? thanks any help appreaciated and i'm glad to be a member

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, thats pretty normal. The 700 runs really rich when they're cold. Some people have even fowled out the plug by trying to ride it before it warms up alittle. I always let mine run for a few minutes before I even blip the throttle..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Welcome brudda! Very common with the black smoke on startup! I am also from WA, and there are many others on here as well. We are taking a short dune run on the 13th, Just to Sand Lake but would love to go to florence sometime. See im all ready to go!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Sea7Raptor said:
Wow... got a lot of washingtonians on here as i'm from marysville area too. Must be the rain heh.
What rain? You have to admit, it doesn't rain NEARLY as much as people think! :thumbsup: By the way Im from Mill Creek

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm glad that's normal i was worried for a secound. where can i get a good deal on a power commander and lte exhuast? have any of you guys from washington ever rode at beverly if so whats it like. later James

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
There are actually a few people in Beverly this weekend. I myself have never been there. Power Commander from FUELMOTO.COM

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Welcome.
I'm a newbie and live in Washington too (Tacoma).
This is a great board with all sorts of info - seemingly everything from pics of hot chicks to actual "how to" stuff. There's even a downloadable service manual (caution: it's 400 pages).
Have fun.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got mine for less that $8,000 with a 3 year warrenty. :thumbsup: I had money down on it the day after I saw it online, it was really tough to wait that long.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sea7Raptor said:
Wow... got a lot of washingtonians on here as i'm from marysville area too. Must be the rain heh.
Marysville huh? Me too...where 'bouts are you? Sheesh, we should get in touch being in the same damn town! I'll PM you my number...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
ChiknNutz said:
Sea7Raptor said:
Marysville huh? Me too...where 'bouts are you? Sheesh, we should get in touch being in the same damn town! I'll PM you my number...
Sup son!

·
Registered
24 Posts
sweet congrats on the new rappy

1 - 20 of 43 Posts