Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one at a race last weekend and they are crazy nice...it whipped a 300cc bored raptor 250 with an awesome rider

I hate to say it but raptors can't compete with this thing, they have 37Hp stock and a 37mm carb

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here's all the specs from their website:

WET WEIGHT: 340 lbs
ENGINE TYPE: Genuine Yamaha YZ 250cc DOHC
4-Stroke 5-Valve Est. 37 HP rear wheel
FUEL SYSTEM: Keihin FCR 37mm- 2.6 gl. capacity
TRANSMISSION: Manual 5-speed (No Reverse)
STARTING: Kickstart
AXLE: 2+2
LENGTH 71" - Wheelbase 51"
FRAME: Chromoloy with six point sub-frame
WIDTH: 49”
SEAT HEIGHT: 31"
STEERING: Tag Anti-vibe Stem with T2
Handle Bars 1 1/8” Bars FRONT BRAKES: Dual Hydraulic Discs w/Wave Style Rotor
REAR BRAKES: Hydraulic Disc w/Wave Style Rotor
FRONT SUSPENSION: DC4 Long-travel 2+1 A-arms
REAR SUSPENSION: Billet Axle Housing / Billet Wheel Hubs /
Billet Sprocket Hub / Billet Brake Rotor Hub
FRONT SHOCKS: Gas Quad-Rate Adjustable Compression &
Rebound Piggy Back Reservoir
REAR SHOCKS: Gas Dual-Rate Adjustable Compression &
Rebound Remote Reservoir w/Linkage
FRONT WHEELS: DWT Aluminum Rolled Edge 10x5 (4+1) Black
REAR WHEELS: Aluminum Beadlock 8x8 (3+5) Black
FRONT WHEEL TRAVEL: A-arms w/11.5”
REAR WHEEL TRAVEL: Swing Arm w/12”
TIRES: DWT MX 20x6-10 on Front - DWT MX 18x10-8 on Rear
PRICE $11,000

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Those things are pretty damn sweet. They are making about what 450 quads are in horsepower stock. Too bad it costs so freaking much

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the cost sucks but think about what you would need to put in your 250 to keep up with it or a 300?

I have at least 8K in mine and I would get dominated...I kind of feel bad for my friend who got beat by it because he has practiced hard and put tons of money in his raptor and this kid comes out with a "stock quad and beats him"

I'm not sure they should let a 37HP machine compete against a 250 that can really only get up to 33HP with an extremely modded engine

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
It is a little unfair seeing how that Apex could probably run with the big boys, but then again the same with most motorsports, you can "buy" victory.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
That's a bad machine. At 340 lbs and a little bit of motor work, you could take that to the track and be competitive with the 450 class machines.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I wanted one but I will prob just go with a 450 next year

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good...I just moved to Colorado this past week so I missed 2 races, I podiumed every race

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have some engine work, but I think I'm going to a 450...I am looking at an LTR 450 right now

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I forgot, did you send your motor to CTR? From what I have been hearing, the LT-R is the best track 450 for now. Congrats:beer:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, did the engine work myself...I just love the feel of the LTR, I have sat on every different 450 and it just feels right and thats important to me

The one I am looking at already has full fox suspension, big bore, hiper carbon fiber wheels, flexx bar, asv levers, CT sonic full exhaust, yoshi cherry bomb, rath nerfs and grab bar and JB A-arms/swing arm...He only wants 5K OBO!!!! I am trying to snatch it up

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The one I am looking at already has full fox suspension, big bore, hiper carbon fiber wheels, flexx bar, asv levers, CT sonic full exhaust, yoshi cherry bomb, rath nerfs and grab bar and JB A-arms/swing arm...He only wants 5K OBO!!!! I am trying to snatch it up
That's a good price for what's in it, but they're not pulling the big dollars that they used to so haggle him on it a bit. I have around $20k in my LTR450 and I think I'd be lucky to get $7k for it.

The geometry is very good on those bikes, they handle almost everything very well. My two biggest complaints (probably my only two complaints) is they're a pain in the dick to do simple maintenance, and because I have two Yamaha's also, I can't interchange wheels because of the lug pattern (except my rear HiPers.)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Yeah,those apex's are sick.I wanted to put that yamaha 250f motor in my sons 08 raptor 250 to run at the mx nationals,but, they said it would,nt be legal because it was,nt production. Bone stock that motor makes more hp than our raptor 250 with pretty much everything done to it.Can,t afford to get that apex for 1 season because he will also be moving up to the 450 classes next year. Scott.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that sucks...they should allow more mods to the 250 now that the Apex is out

I mean how can you compete with it?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I went to the Apex web site when you mentioned 37 HP out of the 250, if you look at the HP on the 450 they offer it is also 37HP. Although the apex quad runs great, and I think it would beat the 300, I would question the HP....

When ever you compare water cooled VS air cooled the water cooled will always makes more HP. You are unable to lean out an air cooled like you can a water cooled, air cooled will always run hot and lean is faster.

·
*Woo Woo!*
621 Posts
I wonder how much it actually puts down to the wheels, 37hp is what the 450s are putting out stock. But then again Im guessing its pretty close to tapped out from the factory as opposed to the 450 bikes that have more room to go HP wise. Either way thats impressive

1 - 20 of 21 Posts