Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well a buddy of mine just bought a new quad. an 09 NEW ktm 505sx!! very nice bike. well now i am having to push a little harder to be the fast guy of the group and when i'm topped out i noticed a shake. am guessing its the axle, but i guess it could be a rim. either way, i want to get an axle to either fix this, or just to widen it out some cause i am pushing it to hard now and it gets tippy feeling. i ride only big rocky trails, with some jumps but all at the fastest pace i can go till i can't hold on anymore. :lol: i need something tough. so, what axles has everyone tried and had good results? i know durablue is an excellent brand, but its a little out of my price range, but if i have to i can wait longer till i have the money. the adjustable width would be nice so i can keep it as close to stock width till i get a wider front end next income tax. any and all educated input will be appreciated. thanks.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Best axle out there is an RPM Dominator, you are going to pay from 360 to 400 for it, I would avoid Durablue, just for simple fact my buddy has had some issues with a couple of their products. I heard Lonestar has a new axle coming that won't rust and should stay nice looking quite a while, not sure if it is out yet or not. Those would be my 2 top picks.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
JJ&A....$$$, but you get what you pay for....

·
Registered
850 Posts
If its pushing and tippy you might look at widening the front first. If you get the back wider than the front it really wont turn worth a damn.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I have a lone star and it's held up to the pa trails. I liked the prm but they didn't have all the hubs to match. If your looking at a arms in the future look at the MGCs and they should keep you from wacking the rocks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If its pushing and tippy you might look at widening the front first. If you get the back wider than the front it really wont turn worth a damn.
i need an axle cause mine is bent, so i was thinking one of the ones with the adjustable width so i don't need to replace it again when i get the + arms. but it only pushes because of tires. my gncc's are getting pretty beat now, so i've got waaaaaay too many things that cost alot to buy before i drop $2000 on the front end.......unless you know of a cheap place for packages? :lol:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your looking at a arms in the future look at the MGCs and they should keep you from wacking the rocks.
absolutely!! was thinking houser, but that wont be till income tax time. thats too much bank to save in a short amount of time. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts