Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
rednbluerider said:
Rocket Factory said:
We are recieving the new billet cams with our favorite grind. No more core charges:) call for pricing

www.rocketfactory.biz
Whats the specs and what stages are available? Are the made by Web?
Web cam billets are not out YET. Rumor has it, it wont be to much longer and they are going to cost just under 200. But I dont think Rocket Factory is starting to sell them just yet. But I am curious who is doing you cams Rocket?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Forgive me for the dumb question guys.
What are the benifits of a billit cam ?
is it lighter than my regular web cam?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Rocket Factory said:
They are webcams and they shipped to me today,

Rocket Factory
WOW! Sorry for the misunderstanding. Out much sooner then I expected, when they said comming soon. Now im woundering how far off i am on the price. Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
rappinitup700 said:
Forgive me for the dumb question guys.
What are the benifits of a billit cam ?
is it lighter than my regular web cam?
No core charge, cheaper to make, bit stronger, all one piece and all brand new material.
Most cams, require cores. This is due to the fact the cam companies, take you old cam weld more material (metal) on the lobs of the cam then grind and machine the the lobs to then new specs. They call these regrinds.
Altho theres generally not a problem with this its much stronger to produce a cam out of one solid new block of metal, then to weld more material onto an exsiting cam/piece of metal and then regrind them to your new specs.

·
Registered
331 Posts
OH ok gotcha, Thanks for the explanation.
So a billit cam would be a little lighter then. Any reduction in rotating mass is allways good.
Rev's a little quicker. I used to race gas powered R/C cars and trucks on a national level and I allways tried to reduce weight throughout the drivetrain using titanium axles drive shafts, transmission gears, clutch bell etc.
Worked like a charm everytime.

·
Registered
305 Posts
rappinitup700 said:
So a billit cam would be a little lighter then. Any reduction in rotating mass is allways good.
Rev's a little quicker.
Im not so sure its going to be that much lighter. I am sure it will be a little lighter tho, but i woudnt expect it to be enought to makeany real differences. Maybe someone else could comment on if indeed this would be alot lighter and by how much. I really dont know for sure on that. Thanks JIM

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
rappinitup700 said:
Rev's a little quicker. I used to race gas powered R/C cars and trucks on a national level and I allways tried to reduce weight throughout the drivetrain using titanium axles drive shafts, transmission gears, clutch bell etc.
Will they wear out quicker? Be as reliable?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Rocket Factory said:
They are webcams and they shipped to me today,

Rocket Factory
When are you due to get them in?

·
Registered
77 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
rappinitup700 said:
Will they wear out quicker? Be as reliable?
Billet cams are much more reliable. As far as rotating mass reduction you're best off looking at the flywheel I would think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts