Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am going to be redoing my bike in the fall and I am trying to get a game plan together. I am trying to not spend a ton, but I know I want to do a big bore, duals, programmable ignition and a lock-out clutch. Only thing is that I have some questions, So here they are.

I want to do a big bore but not sure of the size I need. I ride mainly wooded trails and want to try and keep my low end tq but want more power. How big should I go?

I looked at the lock-out clutch that TQS sells but I am not real sure how they work and if all I would order is the lock-out?

Will I need to install a new injector?

I am going to buy a PC5 where do I get the maps for my application?

Same thing with the programmable ignition. Where do you get maps?

I want to be able to run pump gas or under a 50/50 mix of 91 and race gas. What compression of piston do I need?

Which duals are going to preform the best. I am looking for bang for your buck. I like the DMC's smaller cans. Barkers just seem so big.

I am going to buy a +3 TB. Will this be over kill?

I looked at the 50/50 cam shaft. How much work is it installing them? I see how it says you need to clearance rockers and head. Is that something I can do in my home shop?

If I was going to do a stroker crank will I gain much?

Does FCI offer a foam filter instead of the gauze K&N Type

Here is what I had looked at?

PC5
DMC Force 4 Duals
+3 TB
50/50 cam
734cc Big Bore or Maybe
778cc Big Bore Stroker
660cc injector
Programmable Ignition
lockout clutch.

What kinda numbers do you think it would put down?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ok so I am going to be redoing my bike in the fall and I am trying to get a game plan together. I am trying to not spend a ton, but I know I want to do a big bore, duals, programmable ignition and a lock-out clutch. Only thing is that I have some questions, So here they are.

I want to do a big bore but not sure of the size I need. I ride mainly wooded trails and want to try and keep my low end tq but want more power. How big should I go?

I looked at the lock-out clutch that TQS sells but I am not real sure how they work and if all I would order is the lock-out?

Will I need to install a new injector?

I am going to buy a PC5 where do I get the maps for my application?
Got mine from TRF preprogamed but also did a dyno tune and gained hp
Same thing with the programmable ignition. Where do you get maps?
purchased one and sent it to DL700 to program with your specs
I want to be able to run pump gas or under a 50/50 mix of 91 and race gas. What compression of piston do I need?
I run a 11:5.1 and use 89 octane so quessing 12:1 and up.
Which duals are going to preform the best. I am looking for bang for your buck. I like the DMC's smaller cans. Barkers just seem so big.
Barkers
I am going to buy a +3 TB. Will this be over kill?
I run a +3 most everybody do it.
I looked at the 50/50 cam shaft. How much work is it installing them? I see how it says you need to clearance rockers and head. Is that something I can do in my home shop?

If I was going to do a stroker crank will I gain much?

Does FCI offer a foam filter instead of the gauze K&N Type

Here is what I had looked at?

PC5
DMC Force 4 Duals
+3 TB
50/50 cam
734cc Big Bore or Maybe
778cc Big Bore Stroker
660cc injector
Programmable Ignition
lockout clutch.

What kinda numbers do you think it would put down?
You can look at my upgrades below and mine dynoed 67hp 57tq. I also thinking of doing a +5 crank myself.

·
Registered
662 Posts
if you want to go to a 105 bore i have a CP 10.75:1 piston that has maybe 6 hours on it, perfect for pump gas on 105 bore..only reason i ditched is i no longer run pump gas.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You are looking at alot of good products but for best bang for your buck you can do bolt-ons and have a runner or go into the engine for some extra ponies. Depends on budget too. Duel exhaust, st3 hot cam, +3tb and maybe an 11.1 piston will get you into the 58-63 hp range and ultra reliable. If your budget is larger Imo I would send the head out to Velociraptor or Racers Edge and possibly a 105mm bigbore with the Hdd5050 or web4 cam and you will have a 65-75hp monster then:thumbsup:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
You are looking at alot of good products but for best bang for your buck you can do bolt-ons and have a runner or go into the engine for some extra ponies. Depends on budget too. Duel exhaust, st3 hot cam, +3tb and maybe an 11.1 piston will get you into the 58-63 hp range and ultra reliable. If your budget is larger Imo I would send the head out to Velociraptor or Racers Edge and possibly a 105mm bigbore with the Hdd5050 or web4 cam and you will have a 65-75hp monster then:thumbsup:
+1 on the port work alot of power is hiding in the head!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts