Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a GYTR bumper powder coated black to match the arms. I was surprised that the shop here in Havasu had it done in two days and only charged me $20.00 to do it. Is that average for something like this? I figured it would have cost more.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Looks good! :thumbsup: I need to get my stuff done in black.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Yep, I likes :grin_nod:
I didnt really like the bumper personally until I seen one up close(not just in mags or pix). Im gonna get one for mine since I tweaked my Alba bumper in the wreck I just got finished rebuilding from :(

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Looks great man, one of the few bumpers that blend nice with the 700's front. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I think this cat has way to much money and time on his hands :nana: :pimp:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep it up Crapper and I'll start posting pics of your golf course home and your big ass carwash, your stereo business and your coffee shop. Then I'll tell everyone that you sit in your big office watching the peasants in your kingdom scurry around on one of your 11 cameras.

·
Registered
178 Posts
headingnorth said:
only charged me $20.00 to do it. Is that average for something like this? I figured it would have cost more.
Lots of times a powdercoating operation will do that kind of pricing, or at least the respectable ones will. Black is common, and items usually go in the oven on a rack, so if they were already set on a black job, adding yours in with the batch is of little cost/consequence to them, provided there is room for your item(s).

Do an odd-job item or color, and I bet their prices/rates go up, and understandably so.

It can also help to get your friends/cronies in on it as a full rack is about as costly as a partial rack is to process.

Looks good, BTW. I went for regular aluminum on mine as it conceals scratches, etc. very easliy.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I love my GYT-R!!!! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's bitchen. Looks like your ready for anything..........

·
Registered
779 Posts
Looks excellent. I have the same SE model..except not a dune monster like yours. Just curious, what are those rear tires like on pavement? not that they're meant for that...but sometimes ya got cross the road and stuff, just wondering how they work on the road.

Also, like the front shocks you have. Do you have the matching back one? I couldn't find anything on their website about the rear shock.

MK

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I ever come to some pavement that needs to be crossed, I'll let you know. I can't imagine they would last long in anything but sand.
As for the rear shock, I guess it is pretty good stock. But like anything, there is always room for improvement. I have noticed most people seem to concentrate on the front end; don't hear much talk about the rear shock.
Honestly, I put about 20 minutes on the bike before I did the upgrades last week. I'm not going to have much to compare it to other than my wife's bike which is stock. I am 3 days away from knowing a bunch more about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.