Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, everything just came in the mail within the past 2 days and just got around to installing everything. "Mad Hatter" graphics should be here within a week or two. I am absolutely happy with everything especially the front shocks. The only thing I dislike is the front 13t sprocket. I feel as if the quad has wayyyyy too much torque. My bottom end quickness has actually gone downhill. Im thinking that its so torque'y that its just spinning my tires and they are not grabbing. Im going back to the stock front sprocket later on tonight. The only reason I switched front sprockets is because my tire setup 22 rear 23 front. But now having had both sprockets I like the stock size better. Also note I bout damn near did a full backflip with the 13t on asphalt :)

Does this sprocket situation sound right?

Shout out to Kevin (jogaca) for an awesome deal on a bangin set of shocks :) Super good guy to work with

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Welp, you just sold me on buying a 13t. That's exactly the response I want from my Raptor. Riding around the trails here, I'd be more than happy to give up some top in for overpowered bottom end.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welp, you just sold me on buying a 13t. That's exactly the response I want from my Raptor. Riding around the trails here, I'd be more than happy to give up some top in for overpowered bottom end.
My Holeshots are basically brand new at the corners and they were getting spun regardless of how I played my clutch. It resulted in loss of bottom end for me because I couldnt get the traction I wanted. I can see a 13t with paddles in sand. Way too much bottom end for me. Best of luck though its mean with 13t :mad:

Also I weigh about 170 geared up. Maybe others that have more weight to them to hold the rear end down to grab have had better results from a 13t then me.

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
I'm 230. If you want to part with it in the next few days let me know, I'll give you your money back out of it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yep, I'm looking to go to a 13t being a big 'ol boy and having a 22" rear setup.

Feels like it lugs too much in the lower portions of 2nd where I do most of my trail riding.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Well sold me on it too! I need tons of torque, specially since I run the 22inch rears and having a harder time wheeling it. Comes in my mail today so good timing on making me feel better about getting it.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Well holeshots aren't exactly the best tires to put power to the ground and yes, low gears will make 'em spin mad. I have the problem you describe when I switch back to a 14t from my 15t :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well holeshots aren't exactly the best tires to put power to the ground and yes, low gears will make 'em spin mad. I have the problem you describe when I switch back to a 14t from my 15t :)
I put the 15t back on and its much better, quick as _hit again!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I usually ride tighter trails and waterways that would throw me off if I tried to fly through them.

Plus, I like to throw it around. Not racing anyone. Wheelspin is ok by me! lol. It is annoying at creek crossing. Holeshots are the suck trying to climb out of there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts