Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well getting new chain for the new swingarm. Now the ? is with or with out the oil rings. Whats the diff. Some pros and cons please.

·
Registered
130 Posts
go with an o ring chain they last alot longer and they dont stretch nearly as bad

·
Registered
429 Posts
O-Ring all the way! I highly reccomend a riveted mater links over the clip style. I've seen a few machines loose the clips this summer, mighty messy!

·
Registered
899 Posts
O ring seals in grease for longer life, less maintenance. The con is drag. Non o ring chains offer more power to the serious racer types. Most pro MX bikes heave non o ring but they get new stuff every race .

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thanks to all. But think I'm going with a non o-ring chain. Going to order a DID ERT gold chain.

·
Registered
126 Posts
O-Ring will last at least 10X, but will cost you about 1 hp.

Up to you to decide which is better for you. And keep in mind that a chain with moderate wear will wear out your sprockets as well, so change the non-ringed chain out frequently or plan to replace sprockets with it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
700rider said:
Well thanks to all. But think I'm going with a non o-ring chain. Going to order a DID ERT gold chain.
keep us posted on that chain ..
I bought sidewinders BEST chain and they claim it will only need 2 adjustments in a year I have to adjust mine every second weekend :(

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hippy said:
700rider said:
keep us posted on that chain ..
I bought sidewinders BEST chain and they claim it will only need 2 adjustments in a year I have to adjust mine every second weekend :(
Wow, don't want that. Well sparky recommened this one he runs. The DID ERT chain I'll give it a try. Thank for the info because I thought that the sidewinder chain would of been a good one to run on the bike.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hippy said:
they did make good tho
sent over 2 sets of sprockets and chains
Thats cool. Its alway bad to hear bad about a product or company but I think its alway better to hear that they made good on there product.

·
Registered
562 Posts
first thing i did is get rid of the o ring/ theres several companys that make strong non o ring chains/ o ring chains r restrictive / they kink up / less hp :(

·
Registered
584 Posts
Oring chains are fine as long as you keep em clean and lubed properly. Id stick with the oring imo.

·
Registered
366 Posts
non o ring chain will last just as long as an o ring chain if you maintain it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.