Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a new Tusk clutch kit with the HD springs about a month ago. Put it all back together correctly and used Bel Ray oil 10x40. Today I was going thru some thick brush and a bunch of vines wrapped around the back axle. I cut them all out, started it back up and pulled the clutch and put it in gear and it was slowly creeping forward and would stall. I adjusted it and it held up for about 5 minutes and started doing the same thing. Clutch feels softer so I adjusted slack out of it to spec free play and parked it. I heard mixed reviews about this clutch so I took a chance on it. Is it burning up already or maybe gotta move the clutch arm 1 more tooth forward? Think pressure plate is coming loose since I didnt loctite the spring bolts? If this is going out then what else would you guys recommend for top of the line clutch? Thanks

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,292 Posts
I use 'Drive Line Performance', available on ebay. BUT, check your pressure plate first. Also, a new clutch will need several adjustments as it seats in.

·
Master of the Electron
14,452 Posts
It's grabbing not slipping... usually that's adjustment not wear.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok...I adjusted it all the way up by the clutch and checked free play at the lever...maybe my cable needs replaced?

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
the clutch arm on the case needs to have the line on the arm line up with the line cast on the clutch case with all the spring play removed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts