Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Raptor clutch stripped and am busy replacing the clutch with a Tusk High Performance clutch kit. The packaging says that this kit replaces you entire clutch stack and to remove everything.
The kit has two narrower friction plates same OEM clutch.

Now do I install my Cushion spring back into the clutch with the new kit or not? What is the Cushion spring for ?
Where do I install the two narrower plates ?

·
Premium Member
956 Posts

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have my Raptor clutch stripped and am busy replacing the clutch with a Tusk High Performance clutch kit. The packaging says that this kit replaces you entire clutch stack and to remove everything.
The kit has two narrower friction plates same OEM clutch.

Now do I install my Cushion spring back into the clutch with the new kit or not? What is the Cushion spring for ?
Where do I install the two narrower plates ?

One of the narrower plates fits over the pressure plate, if you use a normal plate there, you will see that it doesnt fit properly, the cushioning spring is just that, it cushions the engagement of the clutch, I never used it, it usually is the second one to install into the basket............:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of the narrower plates fits over the pressure plate, if you use a normal plate there, you will see that it doesnt fit properly, the cushioning spring is just that, it cushions the engagement of the clutch, I never used it, it usually is the second one to install into the basket............:)
So doesn't the cushioning plate take any pressure off the clutch causing it to slip easier ?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
So doesn't the cushioning plate take any pressure off the clutch causing it to slip easier ?
Yes it does, but I never cared for any cushioning, but you can install it............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.