Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's another alternative to avoid down time!

Cylinder Works developed three kits total to suit different applications.

1 Standard Bore Low Compression (9:2:1) [sold last one today]
2 Standard Bore High Compression (11:1) [1 in stock]
3 Big Bore Low Compression +3mm ( 9:2:1) [4 in stock]

We've sold several Cylinder Works products over the years with little complaints. Cylinder Works released another high quality product that every Raptor 700 owner can take advantage of without breaking the bank. I'm not excited about the compression numbers CW went with and believe they're too conservative for the power hungry drag racer.

Big Bore Price

Have questions? 270-774-1982 or email us at [email protected]

Thanks!

Cylinder- new, not remanufactured, cast aluminum nickel silicon carbide (NSC) electroplated stock bore cylinder that appears just like an OE cylinder. NSC is a composite of a nickel and silicon carbide, providing an excellent wear resistant surface with oil retention capabilities. Cylinders are then diamond honed to the exact bore dimension and proper surface finish to ensure the proper ring seal and oil retention.

Vertex high compression piston- To handle the internal pressures of a four-stroke engine, Vertex’s high compression four-stroke pistons are forged from the highest quality 2618 aluminum alloy for superior strength and durability. Vertex uses unique piston profiles and compression ratios, offered in A, B, C and D sizes, to maximize power and performance while reducing blow-by and oil consumption. Each Vertex piston is then hand matched to fit each Cylinder Works cylinder perfectly.

Gasket kits- These kits contain the necessary gaskets to rebuild your top end. Kits include head, base, exhaust gaskets, and o-rings necessary when removing the cylinder and head during routine maintenance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
on your site regarding the 11:1 stock bore, i suggests race fuel, i thought 11:1 was pump fuel safe. what octane pump gas could you run? in Aus we have 91 93 95 98 depending on the servo! cheers

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on your site regarding the 11:1 stock bore, i suggests race fuel, i thought 11:1 was pump fuel safe. what octane pump gas could you run? in Aus we have 91 93 95 98 depending on the servo! cheers

11:1 is safe with pump fuel and even a 12:1 in certain elevations(KY being one of them), but Cylinder Works recommends race fuel with their Vertex 11:1 piston to be on the extra safe side.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
No 105.5?'s

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No 105.5?'s
I was slightly disappointed of the +3mm bore kit. Cylinder Works really aimed to stay in the safe and reliable area when releasing this kit. This isn't really designed for those of you who want the fastest bike in a straight line. It's more of a convenience rebuild type kit without killing the budget or sacrificing reliability.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I just put a trinity 105.5 on my bike it probably has 15hrs on it. It's blowing oil out the crank case breather like crazy. I think the rings didn't seat or something idk. I'm looking for another cylinder and CP 12.5:1 stroker piston for +5 stroke crank. I may even go 13:1 idk on piston. I'm just gonna run her until she stops or rebuild this winter. Which ever comes first

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
how will the Cylinder Works 21004-K01 2006-2012 Yamaha Raptor 700 (+3mm Big Bore Kit) handle on a 5 mil crank and turbo?
There is a reason Cylinder works is sending such a low compression piston out with these cylinders. They cant handle anything more. We paired one up with our 10.75:1 CP Tech piston and it blew apart on the test drive.

When these cylinders were first released we purchased 5 and all 5 of them cracked within a month of riding for our customers. This was when you could purchase the cylinder only and pair it up with any piston you want. Cylinderworks halted sales shortly after and then came out with this new generation where you can only buy it with their Vertex ultra low compression piston. We were hoping it was actually a new cylinder but after those results I dont trust them at all. I'd be real concerned about pairing it up with their stroker as well.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
how will the Cylinder Works 21004-K01 2006-2012 Yamaha Raptor 700 (+3mm Big Bore Kit) handle on a 5 mil crank and turbo?
I'm not sure we don't have a lot of turbo experience under our belt.

You need to contact the turbo builders.
not a bad idea.

There is a reason Cylinder works is sending such a low compression piston out with these cylinders. They cant handle anything more. We paired one up with our 10.75:1 CP Tech piston and it blew apart on the test drive.

When these cylinders were first released we purchased 5 and all 5 of them cracked within a month of riding for our customers. This was when you could purchase the cylinder only and pair it up with any piston you want. Cylinderworks halted sales shortly after and then came out with this new generation where you can only buy it with their Vertex ultra low compression piston. We were hoping it was actually a new cylinder but after those results I dont trust them at all. I'd be real concerned about pairing it up with their stroker as well.
I'm extremely impressed the the CW kit when it comes to reliability. I highly doubt you purchased 700 BB CW without a piston because Cylinder Works stopped BB Cylinder only sales before the 700 CW BBC was released. I just spoke to [email protected] Works to confirm the timeline just to be sure before airing the statement on the internet. We've got more than 7 people alone running a 12:1 CP 105mm piston & Hotrod+5 crank together with no known issues to date. These kits have been very popular for us and fast moving too due to our low prices, so if they're indeed bad I would have already known about it. I know eventually someone may have an issue in the future, but as of today all of our customers are satisfied with their budget friendly build they bought from KBM.

www.kbmotorsportsonline.com

·
Registered
615 Posts
I bought this kit with a 13:1 CP piston in Febuary and have been running it with no issues, works great!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts