Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right iv just been told by my mechanic that i might be cheaper to buy a whole new engine as the cost of getting the new gears and the labour of fitting them is going to be quite a lot.

what i want to know is if there is any bikes that have the same engine as trying to find a raptor thats being broken for spares in the uk is proving to be very difficult

·
VALVE DROPPER
940 Posts
It would have to be messed up pretty bad for it to be cheaper to buy another engine than fix what you got... Can you tell us more about what is wrong with it...

·
Registered
622 Posts
And how much is he telling you its gonna be ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my transmission is completely knackered and i cant find a new gearset in the uk without going to the stealers and that is major ££ he reckoned it would be about £300 (470usd) in labour to fit new gears and get it back together plus all the extras like new oil, filters, gaskets etc

would i be able to replace the individual gears or do they have to be replaced in a set??

·
VALVE DROPPER
940 Posts
You can replace individual gears, but you would probably be better off to just buy a complete used tranny off of ebay or from someone on the forums... You will probably need the shift forks also... Is there any other mechanics in the area?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the biggest problem is buying stuff from the usa is the cost of shipping almost doubles the price of the parts so i would be just as cheap buying new from the stealers, there are other mechanics in the area but they all have a much higher hourly rate than the guy iv got doing the work

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
check with some of the people over there and see if they have any ideas on were to get parts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts