Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so today i put my tusk alum gas cap on my bike. and now the piece looks funny that the key goes into (that plastic piece where the old gas cap vent tube went into) if that makes sense. it just looks goofy b/c of the little hole where the old vent tube went. is there an up grade or anything for that? thanks guys

·
Registered
701 Posts
ok so today i put my tusk alum gas cap on my bike. and now the piece looks funny that the key goes into (that plastic piece where the old gas cap vent tube went into) if that makes sense. it just looks goofy b/c of the little hole where the old vent tube went. is there an up grade or anything for that? thanks guys
get a dr d reverse and key relocater kit you wont be sorry!! it will take care of the funky look. i installed mine and left the black plastic dash off (where the key goes now).

·
Registered
415 Posts
or you can get one of the quick adjust clutch perches with the hot start button. route the reverse cable up to the clutch perch and mount it. i personally don't know how well that would work, since you have to hold the clutch in and then push the button with the same hand. i have seen it done a couple times on a few different quads tho.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Relocate your key to your left fender ..for free...and then spend your cash on a good stem or bars.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Relocate your key to your left fender ..for free...and then spend your cash on a good stem or bars.
much better option, but do it right! make the hole EXACTLY like the one on the stock black key holder. if you make the hole too big it will spin and drive you crazy.:banghead: wish the guy i bought mine from would have measured twice and cut once. :lol:

example where not to put it.

http://www.raptorforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=482&size=big&cat=&ppuser=13865&sl=j

1 - 7 of 7 Posts