Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys im new to yamaha I use to ride a kfx 700 back in the day but sold it a few years back but now i got a REALLY good deal on a 660 raptor. Its got the extended Axle Dura Blue i think skid plates jet kit Alien Pipe plus more I got it for 200 bucks with title in hand older guy said he dont need it anymore but its been sitting for about a year. apparently the cam broke and destroyed the valve cover i was hopeing someone could tell me how someone could manage that but i have a new hot cam ready to put back in it ill try to have some pictures of it up soon but if anyone has any usefull information to give me before i invest some money in it please speak up :D

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Whats up guys im new to yamaha I use to ride a kfx 700 back in the day but sold it a few years back but now i got a REALLY good deal on a 660 raptor. Its got the extended Axle Dura Blue i think skid plates jet kit Alien Pipe plus more I got it for 200 bucks with title in hand older guy said he dont need it anymore but its been sitting for about a year. apparently the cam broke and destroyed the valve cover i was hopeing someone could tell me how someone could manage that but i have a new hot cam ready to put back in it ill try to have some pictures of it up soon but if anyone has any usefull information to give me before i invest some money in it please speak up :D
If the valve cover is as you say, is totally destroyed, you need to buy a head and cover assembly...........

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good deal on the Rappy, even though you have a bit more work ahead of you.

The head and cover are matched parts - the cam bearing surface is line bored in the assembled pieces at the factory and are not re-borable... so, if the cover is damaged beyond repair, you are going to need a new (or used) head and cover matching set.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
the valve cover is jb welded together will it be ok?
As long as the bearing surface area and the integrity of the valve cover hasn't been compromised it should be okay, they generally get damaged in the cam gear area..........

·
Registered
15 Posts
Post pictures!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts