Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey 660 guys im looking to get your input on pros and cons for the 660s vs 700s. im currently in the market to get another quad after being out of the game for about 9 years. i started off with an 03 warrior then moved on to a 99 400ex. anyway i read the sticky about common problems on the 660s, i just wanted to get your input on what you guys think of them and also what you think of the 700s. im pretty mechanically inclined to fix such problem as posted, however id rather not have to rebuild something every season.

thanks,
John

·
Registered
941 Posts
do u think the 700s are worth the extra cash?
I had a 03 660 and sold it for a 07 700.Im strictly a trail rider in PA and Im glad I made the swap. Stock for stock the 700 handles better in the trails. I think its worth the extra $$ And I might know of a 08 700 for sale in PA for cheap if its still for sale. Where abouts in PA are you from?

·
Registered
437 Posts
having had both they are both great machines but the easyness of the fuel injection is just so hard to beat especially when you have a good controller on it. just plug in andload a new map with my pc5 it litereally takes 2 seconds lol. plus there are many more parts redily available for the 700. in my opinion they are worth the extra money all day

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
having had both they are both great machines but the easyness of the fuel injection is just so hard to beat especially when you have a good controller on it. just plug in andload a new map with my pc5 it litereally takes 2 seconds lol. plus there are many more parts redily available for the 700. in my opinion they are worth the extra money all day
Yep, do that all and then have a little challenge with Banshee2Raptor and watch his taillight vanish in front of you............:D:D

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Yep, do that all and then have a little challenge with Banshee2Raptor and watch his taillight vanish in front of you............:D:D
Oh snap, Willy talkin' mad smack!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Oh snap, Willy talkin' mad smack!
Ah don't be jealous............

i just smile when I see very nice bikes, all chromed and polished, with all kinds of go fast parts, it all looks good, when they are sitting in the pits waiting to race.............

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Ah don't be jealous............

i just smile when I see very nice bikes, all chromed and polished, with all kinds of go fast parts, it all looks good, when they are sitting in the pits waiting to race.............
Lol no jealousy from me at all. I'm riding a 660, it's ugly, lol. I don't have any chrome or polished parts on it. And it's stock, haha, with exhaust. Not gonna beat anybody, but hopefully it's reliable. That's all that matters to me.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Lol no jealousy from me at all. I'm riding a 660, it's ugly, lol. I don't have any chrome or polished parts on it. And it's stock, haha, with exhaust. Not gonna beat anybody, but hopefully it's reliable. That's all that matters to me.
I was at some ice races yesterday looking at a lot of quads, some were plain jane, some were god awful ugly and others looked like a million dollars. In the end it is best driver with the best performing quad that wins, and has nothing to do with looks........
Same as when we raced oval for a few years, my sons bike won 99% of the time, he didnt have a stitch of chrome, he had built his own exhaust system, a arms and rear swinger and all his self made parts were powder coated. The whole bike was built to perform..........

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
That's all that matters. Long as it runs, that's all I care about really. The looks are secondary to me.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I'll take you guys up on that challange :). I was looking at the 660s first then I sat on a 700 and feel in love. I'm glad I got the 700, out of the box it's night and day. After both machines are worked the 660 will give the 700 a run for it's money. I like the EFI over the carbs, it's much easier to use.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I like racing just as much as the next person. You dont need the fastest bike to win a race or 3...Miss a shift, launch wrong, or just plan having a bad day will loose a race every now & then.. I have done a bit of friendly racing with my buddy's around hear. I have beaten several 250 dirt bikes, KTM 250's & 300 dirt bikes I can pass at will,A well built 440 ( or bigger, she wont say) 400 EX, KFX, YFZ TRX 450R's with big 3 & who knows what elce..
Bikes that have kicked my ass on the open road....One old ass CR 500R's ( very well built)...All top end no low end..LOL, A few 450R dirt bikes... I run out of gearing, but they know im there..LOL
It all boils down in the end to this...We all love to ride, so lets ride & have some.... fun..........

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I like racing just as much as the next person. You dont need the fastest bike to win a race or 3...Miss a shift, launch wrong, or just plan having a bad day will loose a race every now & then.. I have done a bit of friendly racing with my buddy's around hear. I have beaten several 250 dirt bikes, KTM 250's & 300 dirt bikes I can pass at will,A well built 440 ( or bigger, she wont say) 400 EX, KFX, YFZ TRX 450R's with big 3 & who knows what elce..
Bikes that have kicked my ass on the open road....One old ass CR 500R's ( very well built)...All top end no low end..LOL, A few 450R dirt bikes... I run out of gearing, but they know im there..LOL
It all boils down in the end to this...We all love to ride, so lets ride & have some.... fun..........
Well I would hope you would miss a shift so I could win :lol:. I would just like to see what that thing has. I don't care if I would win or lose just to see where my bike would stand. I never rode with a 660 let alone one that has what you have done.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Well I would hope you would miss a shift so I could win :lol:. I would just like to see what that thing has. I don't care if I would win or lose just to see where my bike would stand. I never rode with a 660 let alone one that has what you have done.
Im looking forward to ridding with your crew this seson...

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Im looking forward to ridding with your crew this seson...
Yep me too, I should a pretty good year. Do you have any other mods beside the motor work? I know once I went a little wider the 700 be came much more stable and I know the 660s are top heavy.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Yep me too, I should a pretty good year. Do you have any other mods beside the motor work? I know once I went a little wider the 700 be came much more stable and I know the 660s are top heavy.
Yfz shocks, yfz front calipers, off set rims.. Soon to be longer & wider in the rear..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a 03 660 and sold it for a 07 700.Im strictly a trail rider in PA and Im glad I made the swap. Stock for stock the 700 handles better in the trails. I think its worth the extra $$ And I might know of a 08 700 for sale in PA for cheap if its still for sale. Where abouts in PA are you from?
I currently live in the lehigh valley, but im from new ringgold. About 20 minutes from Pottsville. I just got back from picking up my new ride. It's an 05 660 bone stock for now. picked it up for 2800 and still has the stock tires on it. i plan on buying an access permit for the reading anthracite land very soon.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts