Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Guy Here…
Hello. I’m a new guy to the Raptor Forum, but not to the ATV world. My son and I have been riding together for a while now.

Check out this new (used) 2005 Raptor 350 I just picked up. Long story short, I almost purchased a 2008 350 yesterday for $3000, it was nice but look like it was rode hard and a ton of scratches. I was out today picking up some brake pads when I came across this deal. It’s a 2005 350 that looks almost new…and I only paid $2000…please tell me this was a good deal. I couldn’t believe it was a 2005 considering the condition. It’s was used very little on a farm to just get around…never in the mud and I don’t believe it has seen 6th gear too often. They traded it to get an automatic so the kids could ride.

Anyone know the differences between the 2005 and 2008? Did I make a good purchase?

I’m looking for suggestions for basic hop up’s, like exhaust, sprockets, etc.

Thank you and look forward to chatting.

JAM

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure why all the pics didn't load, I tried to make them smaller so they would.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
That thing is really really clean!! I think you got a really good deal. For now all it needs is a good exhaust, better filter, and a rejetting. I'd wait to start getting hardcore with it and just enjoy the newness. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you paid 2K for that then hell yes, you got a great deal! It looks brand new. I do not think they have made any changes since 05' either. Check out the basic mod sticky at the top of the 350 forum and that will give you plenty of good ideas how to juice it up.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That bike is CLEAN! You got a excellent deal for sure.

·
Registered
68 Posts
2k for that is a deal in my book. You did good.

·
Registered
319 Posts
2K is a good deal for that clean of a quad. I'd leave it stock until you've had it for a while....That way you don't waste money if you decide you have to have a 700. I'm waiting until a deal on a 700 comes my way.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2K is a good deal for that clean of a quad. I'd leave it stock until you've had it for a while....That way you don't waste money if you decide you have to have a 700. I'm waiting until a deal on a 700 comes my way.
Considering it's for my son who just came off a TRX250EX, it will stay with us for a while. Stuff on the way (be here tomorrow) FMF Powecore 4, TUSK Nerf Bars, Ricochet A-Arm Guards, RED TUSK Billet Cap, RAZR II's (20x11x9).

Next on the list - Jetting and Air Filter...still researching......any suggestions would be appreciated.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good place to get some Greaphics?

Thank you all, I feel much better now knowing we got a good deal.

JAM

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts