Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Off... Great Board, I LOVE IT!!!!! :thumbsup:
Until I figure out how to do everything on this board, Here is a list of what I have done and where i want to go.
-DG skid plate
-Pro-grips(who cares)
- 13 front 39 rear renthal
-GYTR filter, plate and bag ( should I remove the lid?)
-GYTR slip -on with oval outlet
I know I'll catch crap but should I even bother with a controller :eek:??? I was told Yamaha did all the research on these things and don't you think they would sell one if it needed it???? I have read a lot on here the past two days and every body seems happy with what they have wether its Dobeck,or whoever. My quad runs great..not too lean or rich. All of your infinite wisdom and advice are welcomed. Thanks in advance

Future plans are a controller if I feel I need it and a +3 swingarm

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Welcome to the site........ :thumbsup:

·
Registered
767 Posts
RaptorDaddy76 said:
My quad runs great..not too lean or rich. All of your infinite wisdom and advice are welcomed. Thanks in advance
Curious how you determined this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not heard any popping or discoloration in the plug when I pulled it to check it out.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome ... now get a controller ... ;)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Welcome......To get the most out of it get a controller and pull off the lid (you will notice a nice difference). Also why did you go 13 tooth on the front not 15 tooth? Do you even use 1st gear any more?

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I second the question on the 13t front sprocket :3question: What kind of riding are you doing? But Welcome!! This is an awesome place to get info and bounce ideas off fellow rappy nuts.

J.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome to the site RaptorDaddy76

Robe

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I pretty much do 660 ft. drags on pavement so a holeshot is everything to me. I ride with friends off road and on some trails but not a lot. Also into doing tricks so I need a small first gear. If i get a controller it will be a dynatek. Is it me or everytime I Flop it I break a headlight? Maybe with enogh peer pressure I will get a controller :grin_nod:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I noticed I forgot all the small stuff that I have on the quad such as nerfs and bumpers, but I figured that was mandatory when you buy a quad. I have AC nerfs, A partial pro-armor grab bar (I ground part of it off Sunday in a nasty accident trying a one handed wheelie but my grip flew off and I met a fence and parking block doing 30) I know I'm forgetting other things but I will figure how to post pics as soon as I have time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Robe........you're not THAT fast..........but you are that old!!! Did you gear up your bike yet? Let's go riding! Glamis, the 4th through the 8th of April.........

·
Registered
117 Posts
hi, i ve always wondered about the controller, because as far as i know yamaha doesnt sell a controller. they have the exhaust, and intake gytr. when i bought my rappy. i asked they guy and he said i didnt need one. of course that wouldve made him more money had i bought them. but im going to assume he had my best interest inmind rather than a fatter commiss :3question:ion.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
whathappend said:
hi, i ve always wondered about the controller, because as far as i know yamaha doesnt sell a controller. they have the exhaust, and intake gytr. when i bought my rappy. i asked they guy and he said i didnt need one. of course that wouldve made him more money had i bought them. but im going to assume he had my best interest inmind rather than a fatter commiss :3question:ion.
He's right and wrong at the same time!! Yamaha does not sell one because they can modify your exciting ecu module. So when you buy the extra HP parts they change you map setting for them. And when ever you loose battery power I think it needs to be reprogrammed again. :crazy:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i would get the controller if i were you, i was at Beach Yamaha in Huntington beach,and the owner swore up and down he talked to a guy at yamaha and it doesn't need it, blah blah blah , but the guys on here will prove that wrong in a heart beat, it needs a what? i think oxegen censor to adjust it's self? and it doesn't have one? is that right guys? and these guys are alot more honest and seem to have way more knowledge on the rappy than any dealer i have seen. plus i trust these whores. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome. Get a controller.

·
Registered
218 Posts
if you havn't gotten your pipe yet i would reconsider the gytr. :unsure: I have had one for a year and a half and the baffle came loose and f%$#@d the end piece all up. :mad: luckly yamaha replaced it for free. :) upon installation of my new one i read that I'm supposed to repack it every 8 hours of riding. I waited a bit longer before ( probably contributed to my pipe demise). I don't know if other pipes require as frequent repacking? if so then ignore this. I don't know how much you ride, but in the summer time thats alot of packing for me and at 25 bucks ea. time. one good weekend could cost me 50 to 100 clams! Just a thought for you. later
Oh yeah, welcome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
rappyhappy said:
if you havn't gotten your pipe yet i would reconsider the gytr. :unsure: I have had one for a year and a half and the baffle came loose and f%$#@d the end piece all up. :mad: luckly yamaha replaced it for free. :) upon installation of my new one i read that I'm supposed to repack it every 8 hours of riding. I waited a bit longer before ( probably contributed to my pipe demise). I don't know if other pipes require as frequent repacking? if so then ignore this. I don't know how much you ride, but in the summer time thats alot of packing for me and at 25 bucks ea. time. one good weekend could cost me 50 to 100 clams! Just a thought for you. later
Oh yeah, welcome :thumbsup:
Where did you read that? By the way...l love my GYTR pipe! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts