Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say hey. My name is Jay and I am in the Air Force assigned to Minot AFB, North Dakota. I currently have a KFX700 which basicly has become very boring.

Now, I have been trying to decide on a quad (LT-R450/KFX450/Raptor700) for months now. I had been waiting on the specs for the KFX450 and am not impressed with what I see. I really wanted speed and reverse so I have decided to get the Raptor. I will be finishing up the a deal on a 2007 Black/Orange SE in the next day or two.

As far as the needing opinions, I was woundering what you guys all thought the best Nerf Bars/Bumpers are for this quad and what color (Black/Aluminum) would look good on this bike? I already have a set of Fast Flexx bars and will be going with anodized red ASV Levers, DRD Reverse Lever, Bar adaptors and Parking Brake Blockoff.

Thanks and I look forward to being a part of your site. It looks great from what I have seen so far.

Jay

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hey Jay! Sorry I don't have answers to your questions.. I just wanted to say hey to a fellow airman that's into raptors! You're about to buy the fourwheeler that's been my background at work for weeks now... an 07 SE black/orange. I'm hoping after I get my taxes back I can trade in my crappy 01 raptor 660 in for the new one. I've been reading this forum every night at work.. trying to learn as much as I can about the new ones before I get one. Anyway, I'm stationed at Scott AFB in southern IL... weather guy. hahaha Let me know how you like the orange/black and be sure to post some pics!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weather man huh, I always thought that would be a cool job. Do you like it? I am an AMMO Troop, I am sure you've heard of us ;).

Right now I am thinking the nerfs and bumpers should be black but I don't want to overdo the black. I have always run Pro Armor but, the AC nerfs hold up well huh, that's good to know.

Jay

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yeah it's a pretty good job. Tech school is 7 1/2 months down at Keesler, but you come out with lots of CCAF credits. Yeah Im on our base honor guard and there was a chick from ammo in it for a while.

I've heard from other people that the black fenders don't look so great after a while and that the blue/white combo would be better... it comes out soon!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not all that wooried about the plastic, I have a few trick to keeping it real nice.

I have to go to Keesler at the end of Feb for the NCO Academy. It's not to bad down there is it?

Jay

·
Registered
580 Posts
not sure now... i was there from Aug 2003-Apr2004... before it was wiped out. One of my roommates is down there right now for more weather school and he said it's not too bad... more stuff is opening back up everyday.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I will have to look at that a little more when I get home. For some reason my work computer is not letting me see all the pictures.

Jay

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
.........Hey, more USAF people. I am a Boom Operator at Fairchild AFB Wa. I just got out and am going guard....still be at Fairchild though.
I spent about 3.5 months at scott working at HQ AMC in the battle staff. I liked it out there.
Anyway, welcome to the forum and have fun on the new raptor. They are a blast, and unless you were going to be racing, the 700 is the better choice.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
desdak4 said:
Weather man huh, I always thought that would be a cool job. Do you like it? I am an AMMO Troop, I am sure you've heard of us ;).

Right now I am thinking the nerfs and bumpers should be black but I don't want to overdo the black. I have always run Pro Armor but, the AC nerfs hold up well huh, that's good to know.

Jay

IYAAYAS!! haha

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
desdak4 said:
I am not all that wooried about the plastic, I have a few trick to keeping it real nice.

I have to go to Keesler at the end of Feb for the NCO Academy. It's not to bad down there is it?

Jay
bro, i've ridden some great trails close to biloxi...back when I was at keesler from 87-92. hope you don't mind the swamps... :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IYAAYAS!!
You better believe it :lol:

I only play on MX tracks every now and then, I also enter a few Hair Scrambles. For the most part it is sandy trails and river beach riding. We are also allowed to run in the ditches next to the roads and on roads posted 45MPH or less around the state.

Jay

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
desdak4 said:
IYAAYAS!!
You better believe it :lol:

I only play on MX tracks every now and then, I also enter a few Hair Scrambles. For the most part it is sandy trails and river beach riding. We are also allowed to run in the ditches next to the roads and on roads posted 45MPH or less around the state.

Jay
i'm an f15 crewchief so I know all about you AMMO troops...... :fruity: haha j/k

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
spent 9months there in 96 for ground radio, good school,crappy area, the best thing was the free comedy show at the grand in biloxi,watch out for the ******** on the dirt roads above 10 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
loose nutz said:
spent 9months there in 96 for ground radio, good school,crappy area, the best thing was the free comedy show at the grand in biloxi,watch out for the ******** on the dirt roads above 10 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha..I am sure a couple of people might resemble that remark :lol:

·
Registered
580 Posts
i work in TACC in the AMC HQ bldg... what a small AF! haha

135boom, i love the fairchild area! my friend is from sandpoint, id and i was up there in march for snowboarding then july for boating/jetskiing on lake pend o'reille. if i had to pcs anywhere in the world, i'd pick fairchild. i thought about trying a BOP but i don't really want to reenlist after my 6 is up. when i was there we r/t'ed over to seattle for a few days and to glacier nat'l park in montana for 2 days... i'm jealous of you!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It would be great to be back over in the Washington area. I didn't mention in my first post that I am from Roseburg Oregon so I have been all over that area. I also really miss the dunes :'(.

Jay

·
Registered
621 Posts
135boom said:
loose nutz said:
Haha..I am sure a couple of people might resemble that remark :lol:
I lived in Biloxi for 4 years. I loved it! Now it is gone. It's slowly comming back but it does not look anything like it used to. Good people there and some great riding places... even though my first quad got stolen there. :mad:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts