Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty much new all the way around. Been hangin around for a short time & figured I'd join in as I just picked up my new toy on saturday 4-21-07. I've rode banshees for about 12 years now & even though I won't be giving up my banshee for some time this bike will serve as my all around bike as the banshee is primarily sand only. Is it just me or do these bikes have a ton of torque. I went for a ride today (first one) & this bike seems to have so much more torque than the bike it's replacing (2001 Raptor for sale by the way). Anyways very impressed so far. Smooth torquey power...I like.
Excellent site!
Chad
Olympia Wa.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Good choice, welcome to the site! Yes, the Raptor 700 is king of the torque curve. Let us know how you progress on the mods and when you finally give up that nasty 2 stroke for good!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome, You have excellent taste in quads! :metal:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Welcome and nice looking quad. I like the blue and white combination

·
Registered
963 Posts
Welcome to the site. To bad you didnt choose a 700 last year. Yellow is the fastest of them all

·
Registered
227 Posts
FASTOYZ
Where did you get your ride and how much? I'm up in the Seattle area and I'm looking to purchase in 3- weeks.

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Broken Arrow said:
FASTOYZ
Where did you get your ride and how much? I'm up in the Seattle area and I'm looking to purchase in 3- weeks.

Thanks,

Ryan
I bought mine at Olympia Yamaha for $7650. out the door. The bike was used one day & listed as a used bike (still has warranty). The story is that a factory Yamaha rep came to the dealership & went riding with the dealership owner, salesman & said I'll ride one of these... So off they went to the dunes & I avoided about $1200 worth of tax & setup charges on top of the $7650 retail. I can't believe some of the prices people on here are getting them for, prices ranging down in the mid $6000 area. All I can say is there not from the northwest. Good luck!
Chad

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very nice looking bikes! I love that SE! Oh and what an adress for your house!!lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bradw3 said:
Very nice looking bikes! I love that SE! Oh and what an adress for your house!!lol
:metal: I don't mean to brag but my address does rule!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Very sweet looking SE..... :thumbsup: I almost wish I got the white/blue one but my black/orange is cool too!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Welcome to Raptorholics Annonymous. I'm DR D and it's been about 24 hrs. since my last puirchase. It was only a small slip though. I just couldn't help myself.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
Welcome to Raptorholics Annonymous. I'm DR D and it's been about 24 hrs. since my last puirchase. It was only a small slip though. I just couldn't help myself.
I hope you PURCHASED something with spell check.

:lol:

Just messin' with you.

It's hard not to purchase goodies for your bike.

:thumbsup:

~Brian

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
It actually was a dictionary that straps to the front of my quad as a bumper. ::) Maybe I should read it instead. :unsure:

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
It actually was a dictionary that straps to the front of my quad as a bumper. ::) Maybe I should read it instead. :unsure:
No, guys don't READ stuff!!!!

(Unless of course we get pissed, start throwing tools, and THEN decide to read the instructions!)

:lol:

~Brian

1 - 18 of 18 Posts