Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Raptor a few days ago, FMF power bomb exhaust, jetted, K&N, bored to a 686, head is built etc, fast bike, eats Can Am's, frame has 60 hours into bracing and strengthening. Not sure if this is the right place to make an intro, maybe someone can post a link.

Also, on Thursday we went for a spirited drive (it's muddy now that spring is here), and the bike started acting up, sputtering, reverse light staying on etc, if you've searched and came across this post, check this plug, clean it and your bike should be good to go. Mine wouldn't rev up worth a dam now it's back to life

It's right underneath your socket (yes my chain needs oiling)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Just got my Raptor a few days ago, FMF power bomb exhaust, jetted, K&N, bored to a 686, head is built etc, fast bike, eats Can Am's, frame has 60 hours into bracing and strengthening. Not sure if this is the right place to make an intro, maybe someone can post a link.

Also, on Thursday we went for a spirited drive (it's muddy now that spring is here), and the bike started acting up, sputtering etc, if you've searched and came across this post, check this plug, clean it and your bike should be good. Mine wouldn't rev up worth a dam.

It's right underneath your socket (yes my chain needs oiling)

Either clean that plug and terminal properly and reinstall or permanently ground the wire, this will get rid of the rev limiter all together...........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I can solder & heat shrink a longer piece of wire, and ground it to the battery, or the frame? Do I put anything on to cover that plug like a grommet or anything, or leave it exposed?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
So, I can solder & heat shrink a longer piece of wire, and ground it to the battery, or the frame? Do I put anything on to cover that plug like a grommet or anything, or leave it exposed?
This green and white wire that goes to the reverse switch starts at the cdi, you can pull it back from the carb area to the negative post of the battery, you will though lose your reverse light function..........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This green and white wire that goes to the reverse switch starts at the cdi, you can pull it back from the carb area to the negative post of the battery, you will though lose your reverse light function..........
Well, I would sacrifice that if that means I won't run into having issues again.

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
If you'd read the sticky - "Most common Raptor 660 Problems Explained - Read before posting", you would have had this answer already... as it is one of THE most common problems and it's detailed there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you'd read the sticky - "Most common Raptor 660 Problems Explained - Read before posting", you would have had this answer already... as it is one of THE most common problems and it's detailed there.
Well, I must have since I figured it out. But that doesn't give me an answer about the sensor that sticks out, is it ok to leave it exposed to the elements or could I take a piece of heat shrink and cover it.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Well, I must have since I figured it out. But that doesn't give me an answer about the sensor that sticks out, is it ok to leave it exposed to the elements or could I take a piece of heat shrink and cover it.
Dont worry about it............it will not hurt a thing covered or not, the only thing covering it will accomplish is it wont get dirty..............:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts