Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cut my front fenders and put some new headlights on. they're extremely bright, and i think it looks pretty cool too.

im not the best with electrical, and i managed to wire them into the old light harness, but i have a question, the stock lights are 30W and these are 55W. thats not going to hurt anything, is it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
My friend has the 55w piaa's in his stock headlights and hasnt had a problem yet. Its been about 6 months or so.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think they're for a car, but the bulb is actually an indoor floodlight bulb. they came with a yellow light inside, so i just bought a clear bulb and switched them out.

i got them at princess auto for $20, but i dont think they have many locations. canadian tire has them for about $60, so whatever US store is equivalent to canadian tire

edit: actually i just looked at the link Teraflx posted, and those are the exact lights i used

·
Registered
210 Posts
RaptorFreeeek said:
They finally came in! Can't wait to put them on and see the difference

Make sure to post pics of the results. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Its super hard to capture the difference unless you take a pic while one is stock and one is the piaa. I took a couple pictures of mine with a camera phone and they looked yellow but they have a super nice white glow to them. And compared to stock is almost comical how nice they look. 8)

·
Registered
213 Posts
looks like you like to ride in messy conditions like me, but how much shit gets flung up on you with the fenders shaved? I've been thinking about it for a while but i'm scared that i will be constantly blinded by mud if i do.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ive had the same lights, but when riding with my dad, (he rides a 450 mx bike) the rock spray shattered the plastic lenses. They worked out great, I had it set up to shine one at low beam, and two for high. Voltage was never a prob. I got mine at walmart for 20 bucks

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
RaptorFreeeek, what watts did you get! Stock or did you go brighter? Did the dealer gouge you? :eek:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Using the piaaa's to, must say makes a lot of difference, my problem is with my rear lowering i cannot adjust the beam any lower as it is now, so many people flashing highbeam to me :mad:
On my previous quad had the trailtech hid (spot) lights, good but not as good as the standard raptorlights in combination with the piaa's :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.