Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
809rpm.com Team Member/The Mechanic
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellas i got my 700r about a year ago from the dealer got a steel on the bike because it was a left over. i put about 91 miles on it and mostly do trail ridding woods rocks rivers etc. looking for good mods to do for improve handling. The bike is stock over than GYTR skid plates, GYTR nerf bars grab bar and air filter EBC brake pads. me and my friends ride aggressive on the trails!!

Few friends told me to make the dike wider and better tires !?

What mods you guys think will do best? Ive been ridding ATVz for a while but its my 1st 700r and the power is amazing !!!

thanks in advance

1st day out of dealer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Making it wider is a very good idea.. Either tabs + axle, or there's the DiamondJ kit which is significantly cheaper and does a pretty good job. I have that and I'm happy with it.

As far as power goes, enjoy it as it is for now and when you feel it's not enough (like in a week or two), do a Big3 on it.. There are INSANE deals right now, look at the site sponsors there's like a war right now on who's going to make the best deal :)

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Making it wider is a very good idea.. Either tabs + axle, or there's the DiamondJ kit which is significantly cheaper and does a pretty good job. I have that and I'm happy with it.

As far as power goes, enjoy it as it is for now and when you feel it's not enough (like in a week or two), do a Big3 on it.. There are INSANE deals right now, look at the site sponsors there's like a war right now on who's going to make the best deal :)
thanks looking at the kit right now !

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Hello Fellas i got my 700r about a year ago from the dealer got a steel on the bike because it was a left over. i put about 91 miles on it and mostly do trail ridding woods rocks rivers etc. looking for good mods to do for improve handling. The bike is stock over than GYTR skid plates, GYTR nerf bars grab bar and air filter EBC brake pads. me and my friends ride aggressive on the trails!!
Few friends told me to make the dike wider and better tires !?
What mods you guys think will do best? Ive been ridding ATVz for a while but its my 1st 700r and the power is amazing !!!
thanks in advance
1st day out of dealer
If your riding aggressively on the trails take a look at the Precision Stabilizer. You'll have a lot more control over obstacles running one, and it decrease fatigue allowing you push yourself longer. Are you bottoming out the stock suspension or getting bounced around? Aftermarket dialed in shocks will take care of this problem, and they provide a plush overall ride. I personally favor Motowoz and run them. Feel free to call us if you have any questions! 270-774-1982

www.kbmatv.com

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your riding aggressively on the trails take a look at the Precision Stabilizer. You'll have a lot more control over obstacles running one, and it decrease fatigue allowing you push yourself longer. Are you bottoming out the stock suspension or getting bounced around? Aftermarket dialed in shocks will take care of this problem, and they provide a plush overall ride. I personally favor Motowoz and run them. Feel free to call us if you have any questions! 270-774-1982

www.kbmatv.com
thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
i wouldnt go wider if your riding trails to hard to get round trees .... go for a CCP stabilizer ... Odi Grips ... Itp Gncc Tires (go bigger in size like 2 inch front 1 inch rears better clearance for climbing stuff ) and of course the big 3

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wouldnt go wider if your riding trails to hard to get round trees .... go for a CCP stabilizer ... Odi Grips ... Itp Gncc Tires (go bigger in size like 2 inch front 1 inch rears better clearance for climbing stuff ) and of course the big 3
i just ordered the grips and ccp stabilizer and i have rarzs tires thank you for the help

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
go after the big 3 first !!! all the way!!!!!
Suspension first then power, power does you no good if your pissing blood the next day cause the ride is so rough. Better suspension makes you more comfortable and faster, and if your trails aren't tight then definitely go wider...aftermarket a arms are stronger bigger and look better than stock ones

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Suspension first then power, power does you no good if your pissing blood the next day cause the ride is so rough. Better suspension makes you more comfortable and faster, and if your trails aren't tight then definitely go wider...aftermarket a arms are stronger bigger and look better than stock ones
I beg to differ... The stock suspension isn't stellar but it's still acceptable IMHO.

The big3 is the first mod I'd do if I had a brand new bike right now.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Suspension quality is relative and subjective. Put a 350 owner on a 700 and he might think the stock suspension is wonderful, pull a 450 owner off his mx quad with aftermarket suspension and he's going to hate it. If you don't know what it feels like to run through the terrain on high dollar aftermarket suspension then your opinion may differ from someone who has, and one person's review of a 2k dollar front end may be very different from another person's experience.

In any case, the OP wanted tips to improve handling. If he was already looking at the diamond J chances are he's not thinking about dropping 3-4k dollars here and our suggestions should reflect his needs.

In which case I'd get a good set of tires and a steering stabilizer, and if necessary some new bars and an antivibe stem to improve ride posture and comfort as well as control.

If he's happy with the power now, we all know that the happiness fades. Let him get used to the power and tired of it before he has to drop 500-1k or more on the big 3. For now he should improve the parts of the quad he's least happy with.

·
Registered
320 Posts
well said ..... Glad you got the ccp ... that was the best mod i did todate they work amazing ... just a few weeks ago i clipped a covered stump at about 60kph with my right front wheel hard enough to turn my wheel into an egg and rip the bars out of my hands and have the quad roaring down the trail on one front wheel i can imagine what it would have been like with out the CCP id be in hospital nursing a very broken hand ... big 3 next ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts