Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo i have been doing some research on my 350 though you guys and i was wanting some more power??? i know it is only a 350 but i got it new last summer and allreddy out grew it... i was looking at getting the hfm comp. series slip on and looking at the open air box idea with ne jetting of course... my question is will i see and huge gain or what are some outher sugestions.. i just got off my Arctic Cat M8 and the wheeler fells well lacking......???

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
soo i have been doing some research on my 350 though you guys and i was wanting some more power??? i know it is only a 350 but i got it new last summer and allreddy out grew it... i was looking at getting the hfm comp. series slip on and looking at the open air box idea with ne jetting of course... my question is will i see and huge gain or what are some outher sugestions.. i just got off my Arctic Cat M8 and the wheeler fells well lacking......???
Open air box and exhaust will give you a couple horse power..........

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
soo that brings me to re jetting is it going to be needed with just the hmf slip-on or should i wait untill i get the air box lid.. i was looking for a filter and the only brand i know is the K&N filter any outher suggestion i do trail riding and highway ditches.?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Heres my boss's 350 hes got a K&N slip on with no box and full DG exhaust with a 185 main jet and for a 350 its pertty impressive

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I was going to suggest a 148 main jet since I did a 350 last fall and removed the air box and put a new exhaust system on................

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so my next question is didd you have to mess with the outher jets or just the main i appreviate the help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i have a limited understanding of when jetting is needed.... i have a hmf comp series on the way when i slip it on am i going to have to rejet... the web site say to (drop clip one pisition) what is the clip?

·
Registered
80 Posts
so i have a limited understanding of when jetting is needed.... i have a hmf comp series on the way when i slip it on am i going to have to rejet... the web site say to (drop clip one pisition) what is the clip?
They are probably referring to the middle position of the clip. If you do new muffler and air filter (lid or no lid), you are going to need a jet kit to get more fuel through the carb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts