Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new here just picked up my 08 700 raptor today havent had much ride time yet cuz of the ice yeah its depressing. i was wondering if i got a different exhaust tip if it would help the sound a little and also im wanting to get a fuel controller and was wondering if it helps fuel mileage or if it make it worse. i try ride and cant have it loud but i want power without buying new exhaust. im also goin to get a k&n air filter. if you coul help me out it would be great thanks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
To get a tip or filter you need a fuel controller or else you would be running lean . Welcome to the forum!:D

·
Registered
296 Posts
get a cheap slip on muffler and a fuel controler, buy a quiet core pipe.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Ebay has some "phoenix" exhaust tips. Less restrictive than the OEM setup, works in the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I would suggest at the least a slip-on as some others already have and then a clamp-on filter kit and a cheap controller. You really won't notice a difference until it gets opened up more, that is to say just changing the tip on the stocker won't give the results that you are looking for.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
The OP wants better sound and power without spending money on a new exhaust, no the Phoenix tip doesn't sound as good or perform as well as a full exhaust and it's still even a bit shy of slip on performance. But it does meet all his criteria, as long as he understands you don't get 1k dollars worth of big 3 performance from a 250 dollar investment in a used controller, clamp-on filter and a replacement muffler insert. I agree an aftermarket exhaust, even a slip on, would better meet his desired outcome but it wasn't what he was asking for. I just thought it'd be nice to expand on the option that kayno had mentioned.

This forum is full of members who bought a slip on and later wished they hadn't. If you're going to spend a few hundred dollars on a slip on with a quiet core and spark arrestor (since me mentioned sound being an issue I'm guessing he'll need these) then make sure you buy one that will work with an aftermarket header, preferably from the same company.

·
Registered
749 Posts
since you want to keep the stock exhaust but want a different sound, then i'd just get one of the exhaust tips. i'm guessing if noise is an issue then you'll also need to make sure you have a spark arrestor, which you'll have a spark arrestor with one of the phoenix tips.

you can always frequent the "for sale" ads to find a nice used fuel controller....then you can buy your filter and you'll be all set. i've seen no difference in fuel mileage with my fuel controller. the only thing it's going to do is make you not run lean.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Calm down Mike, GEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ. Did you not see the first part of my reply that said,"I would suggest....." I was just simply stating another option for him so he doesn't, in what would be my opinion, waste money on a tip when a slip-on and FI controller can be had fairly cheap. A guy just needs to keep an eye out for that stuff. He could also not spend money on the exhaust at all and get a controller and intake and wait until he could get a decent exhaust setup.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
What part of my reply was "not calm"? I shared my opinion as well, that I too thought a slip on would better fit his needs. What a bastard I must be for pointing out that your suggestion doesn't meet the OP's criteria but stating I agree with you anyway.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Dude if you got a problem take it to the PM's and stop muddying up this guys thread.

To the OP: sorry man.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just purchased a lexx controller and k&n filter with adapter im goin to try to take my stock tip off and spark arressotor and run it that way. will it hurt it much if i just take them 2 things off? anyone else run a lexx contoller?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts