Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - my name is Jason.

Ive been around motor cycles and ATV most of my life. I got my first two wheeler in 1973 - I was all of three years old. That was a 1973 Indian MT5A - I still have that bike believe it or not -

I moved through YZ 80s and 125s before getting a Honda 185s in 1982. Over the next few years I had both a 300x and 350x.

I drifted away from riding during college and really have not been on much of anything during the last 15 years or so.

My son got a 50cc quad for Christmas last year and my cousin picked up a couple of Honda 250 Quads last year - so of course I had to get back in the game.

Last week I picked up a 2005 Raptor 350 - while of course its been ridden it looks like it was not abused (much).

I spend some time last week cleaning it and servicing it - then I took it out yesterday for some fun on the trails. My son on his 50 - my wife and my cousin each on the Honda 250s and me.

We spend the entire day at St. Joe State Park in Missouri - what a cool way to spend the day with your family.

Lastly - while i have looked around I have not found a thread about changing the rear brake pads - it looks simple enough but I would like to see some directions before I dive in head first.

Thanks in advance
Jason

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Great to hear that you're getting back into the sport, we should thank your cousin too :thumbsup:

Welcome to the site, and congrats on the new Rappy!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Get a hold of the service manual. On page 6-22 it starts talking about changing the rear brakes. If you cant locate the service manual, let me know and I will upload the one I have and link you to it. Changing the brakes is pretty self explanatory but its always nice to have the owners manual and service manual handy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum!

Get a hold of the service manual. On page 6-22 it starts talking about changing the rear brakes. If you cant locate the service manual, let me know and I will upload the one I have and link you to it. Changing the brakes is pretty self explanatory but its always nice to have the owners manual and service manual handy.
if you could post something that would be great - the local Yamaha dealer did not have a Raptor manual - they actually looked it up and said Yamaha did not have one listed

I picked up a Warrior manual for cheap to see it that can help - but I have not really even looked at it yet

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
The manual is stickied at the top of the section :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The manual is stickied at the top of the section :thumbsup:
maybe it is my computers setting but none of the link for the manual seem to work for me -

I have the owner's manual - I just need a service manual

I will look at the stickey again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts