Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I'm new here, I have an 06 yfz 450 but my wife has an 06 rappy 350 and were looking to do some mods to it for more power, we do mostly dune riding at sea level so I figured a pipe, intake and a rejet would be a good start, any feedback would be great 8)

·
Registered
554 Posts
The stock header on the 350 is actually pretty good. That is why you do not see to many headers for the 350 since they do not have much of an increase in power over stock. Most your slip ons will make great power for the 350. Of course the HMF is popular since it is one of the more inexpensive ones, good build quality and sounds really good on the 350.

Do not get a drop in filter for the 350, they suck. Get a clamp on filter such as a UNI, K&N or a GYT-R filter. Like most quads the simple, filter/jet/slip on really wakes up the 350 pretty well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Your dead on! thats the easiest way you can get some more power. Also if you do a search on front sprockets you will see that you can actually gain some more grunt from the Rappy. Also there cheap like 8 bucks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jeff850 said:
I have the candy blue HMF exhaust, gyt-r get kit and the k&n clamp on filter. Really opened it up. I bought it all on ebay!
was it someone selling their kit or an actual ebay store and if so, do you have a link? :grin_nod:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just bought from a random person. I got a good deal. I only paid 20 bucks for the kit. You can go to the local bike shop and tell him what size jets you need and they can order them. They only charge a few bucks per jet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well jetting can be time consuming for one. Patience is a big plus. I'm going on like 4 days trying to get my 350 right. Theres alot of info on this subject on this board that will make sence and some that is just plan confusing. Read jetting 101 its a great overview of what to expect when jetting. A GYTR jet kit will run you about 30 bucks. Or you can goto your local bike shop and pick up individual jets for like 3 or 4 bucks a piece. I have run thru main jets during trial from stock 142.5 - 160. I went up on my stock pilot jet from 22.5 to 25. Needle e-clip on 3rd slot. If you want the easy way out you can pay a shop to do it for you for about 80 bucks flat or 55 an hour for three hours is what im told. I'd figured since its my bike that I should be involved with it. Plus its a humbling experience.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.