Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the only thing left to hook up on my Boss Noss kit is the switch and I had thought about the $130 Pingel switch that seems to be the way to go. With only a +4 swinger and 22" 8 paddles I figured I would have to hit it at different times to keep the front down. My idea now is a WOT nitrous switch and a +6 swinger with the same paddles. Spin may be better than hooking. Leave the line in 2nd like always before I had NOS but use 3/4 throttle till Im out of the hole then pin it. We have dense wet sand here so we can get away with fewer paddles but if this works step up to a 10 paddle. My bikr should be around 63-65hp and Im starting with the 20hp shot first. Is the WOT switch the way to go w a +6 or am I gonna stare at the sky? BTW I will be chasing a turbo raptor. I dont want to be the fastest but it is hard to get out of the way of buckets of sand pelting you in the face.(remember dense, wet sand). Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Well the only thing left to hook up on my Boss Noss kit is the switch and I had thought about the $130 Pingel switch that seems to be the way to go. With only a +4 swinger and 22" 8 paddles I figured I would have to hit it at different times to keep the front down. My idea now is a WOT nitrous switch and a +6 swinger with the same paddles. Spin may be better than hooking. Leave the line in 2nd like always before I had NOS but use 3/4 throttle till Im out of the hole then pin it. We have dense wet sand here so we can get away with fewer paddles but if this works step up to a 10 paddle. My bikr should be around 63-65hp and Im starting with the 20hp shot first. Is the WOT switch the way to go w a +6 or am I gonna stare at the sky? BTW I will be chasing a turbo raptor. I dont want to be the fastest but it is hard to get out of the way of buckets of sand pelting you in the face.(remember dense, wet sand). Thanks for any input.
I think that will be the way to go...

I was on and off of the nitrous and throttle when I sprayed mine all through second gear with the same tires and my old +3 swingarm. The +6 should help you keep the nose down, and those 70 RO 8 paddle tires wont hook and stand you up as bad as something larger would.

With the WOT switch, you have one less thing to go wrong or forget about. If you run a "spray button" like came with the kit, it only takes a small brain fart to let off the throttle when you are trying to get the nose down and keep spraying un intentionally...bye bye motor. With the WOT switch, if you feather the throttle to bring the front down, it stops spraying for you...you are just taking the human element out of the equation. Most of the guys who ran nitrous at silver lake last year ran a WOT switch and said they wouldn't go any other way...after one weekend with the spray button, I see why.

Oh yeah, if you get that thing launching right...I don't think you will be doing much "chasing" of that turbo Raptor. I saw how yours ran last year N/A...add a 20 shot and a lot of people will be chasing you. That 20 shot woke mine up more than I would have imagined.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts