Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a year of testing and working with a custom turbo manufacturer. We will be making available more turbo options.

New turbo will be a triple ceramic ball bearing , oversized Aluminum center section , inconel turbine wheel, Bullet compresssor nut. All custom built to D7's specs. The turbo is serviceable and fully rebuildable. Can be upgraded at anytime.

Upgrade's that can be added to this turbo.

Full oil Less....Benefits....No oil lines , no dealing with the Raptors bad oil design.

Billet Compressor wheel....Benefits.....15-20 more air flow , lighter weight= faster spool time.

Tial...Stainless Turbine housing....Benefits...33% lighter , smoother , compact.

Full or partial polishing , Custom Powder Coating , Ceramic Coating.

These are items that can be upgrated at anytime. If you have a current D7 Racing turbo kit (JVR Turbo Kit) we will work with you on trade in's to upgrade to any of our new parts.

Contact us or Team Rocket Factory for special pricing.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
One big problem with big bore and high boosted Raptors is the blown head gasket.
Till now it was hard to find a machine shop that understood ATV's and could provide this service.

A stainless wire imbedded into the head.Then a matching reciver groove machined into the cylinder.

105.5mm bore pictured. 108mm and 110mm bore guys understand how close the fire ring gets to the water ports. Especially with a head that does not have the water ports shifted.

A flat dead soft copper gasket imprinted from the stainless and reciever groove. It's hard to blow past a wall. And with the stainless wire in the head , the reciever groove in the cylinder and the flat copper gasket. That is what you have a wall.

The gasket pictured was just a test piece. The gaskets we use now have the water ports matching the factory gasket.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Very nice Bob, mine is going to be torn down this winter for some upgrades, so I will probably be in contact about a few of these things ;).

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
What's highest compression I can run on turbo with say 12-15psi of boost? I run race fuel already? I may just get a stocker and throw o e these at it so I'll know the difference between all motor and a power adder(turbo) idk I got so much in this one it's crazy and still looks kinda stock lol. It's my little sleeper drag(300') in trail trim hahaha! Chea boy in Flavor Flav voices damn us drunks after football games hella bored trying to learn new stuff rambling drunk and insomniactic.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm sure like me the question on a lot of people's minds are with this new turbo upgrade option, Billet Compressor wheel and tial upgrade, what kind of power increase are you looking at over the standard turbo you offer?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's highest compression I can run on turbo with say 12-15psi of boost? I run race fuel already? I may just get a stocker and throw o e these at it so I'll know the difference between all motor and a power adder(turbo) idk I got so much in this one it's crazy and still looks kinda stock lol. It's my little sleeper drag(300') in trail trim hahaha! Chea boy in Flavor Flav voices damn us drunks after football games hella bored trying to learn new stuff rambling drunk and insomniactic.
You could run 11-1 with c16 and some timing removed @12-15 psi.

Turbo's are fun to ride that's for sure....:cool:

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm sure like me the question on a lot of people's minds are with this new turbo upgrade option, Billet Compressor wheel and tial upgrade, what kind of power increase are you looking at over the standard turbo you offer?
For the average person that has our kit on a budget like most of us. If there running 14 psi and under. Duner's, weekend warriors, ect. The standard turbo is fine for them.

But for the person looking to set there Raptor on kill and has the extra $$$ to dump into it this turbo is for them. It's just a much better design then anything out there.
It's spools faster over the entire ramp, Can handle the load and pulse of the big single , lighter stronger internals, And the oil less get rid of dealing with a oiling problem associated with ball bearing motors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts