Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my JD MGC LT arms with elka shocks and it is a drastic change in suspension and handling. Cornering is so much easier, the back end breaks loose goin into turns so it's much easier to control. The shocks absorb every little bump and rock on the trail. This is the first upgraded suspension I've ever rode so I'm just a tad biased but this set up rocks.

I've had flexx bars for awhile now and they are pretty good but I really wasn't that impressed, I still got arm pump and arm fatigue. After doin some research on the internet I saw people had put a rubber elastomer on the outside as well to give the bars rebound as well as compression. Went for about an hour long ride yesterday and with the added rebound elastomers I got absolutely no arm pump or arm fatigue. It was great, I couldn't even tell I had gone for a ride at all.

I've got blue ones on the inside and yellow on the outside. I would definitely recommend this for anyone with flexx bars.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I went from stock bars to Flexx bars with rebound kit. I love em just stock resi shocks upgraded from pogos.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
The bars work great misplaced elastomers and gonna have to buy more I run yellows inside and out.

I love em.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's pics

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
sssssssssssswwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeet

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, my bike is super dirty from the last ride and I haven't had time to clean it yet.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Ya that thing looks mean. Dirty but bah what the hell they aint supposed to look fancy smanzy panzy clean all the time LOL. Vid?

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No vids yet, hopefully this weekend when me and the boys all go riding we'll get some.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Ever now and then you need to servise your bars like oil/grease the pivot points and clean out any sand. Elastomers I haven't warn any out yet,so they may last so many hrs or so many jumps and bumps idk.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea when I first got the bars they were pretty near siezed up but I got em apart, greased em, and threw em back together. Best bars out there imo.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
+1 on that I love mine so do my arms and hands. They help a lot trust me bigdaddy and who else use them.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
+1 on the Flexx bars. I might have to try the rebound. Did you buy the kit from Flexx or just use longer bolts and do your own?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
+1 on the Flexx bars. I might have to try the rebound. Did you buy the kit from Flexx or just use longer bolts and do your own?
I bought mine used grips and elastomers shot. I call up Fasst co. for more elastomers they told me for a extra 10-15 I could get double the elastomers and the rebound kit I think it came to 28-30 bucks total shipped to my door.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Didn't you didn't ride mine at CAW? They seem about the same position taller slightly but that was a plus since I'm taller at 6'2" I love the position of the bars myself. My stock bars was bent one side lower than the other from front flip up a hill that had monster rut at the top. It was fun but scary. I'll never look back at another bar unless it's ATV fourplay softbars. I also use the rox anti vibe riser with mine.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Nah, I never rode yours. I am wanting a straighter handlebar with less sweep than the raptor bars. I know I can adjust the height but the sweep is what I'm most concerned with. Hopefully next time!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts