Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
Got an 05 raptor 660. Quad will start perfect but if i try to give it any revs it will just pop and bang and runs very rough. carbs have been cleaned out tried another cdi unit on it and tried changing the coil with a mates raptor also tried a new plug.anyone got any ideas what it could be? also when i used to wash the quad it would run like this for about 100yards yards then clear itself..any help/advice would be much appreciated :)
cheers

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
sounds like the reverse rev limiter. down by the front sprocket there is a green/white (i think) wire check the connection and make sure its tight. or what alot of riders do is take that wire and ground it. no reverse rev limiter and no reverse light
mike

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hey everyone.
Got an 05 raptor 660. Quad will start perfect but if i try to give it any revs it will just pop and bang and runs very rough. carbs have been cleaned out tried another cdi unit on it and tried changing the coil with a mates raptor also tried a new plug.anyone got any ideas what it could be? also when i used to wash the quad it would run like this for about 100yards yards then clear itself..any help/advice would be much appreciated :)
cheers
Check your park brake sensor switch, this can be causing the problem, or if you dont care about the park brake rev limiter, cut the green and yellow wire close to the CDI and it will not work any more, if this green and yellow wire becomes grounded by a rub mark, or water in the sensor or at a rub mark the rev limiter will come on....................

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
++ on PB circuit short! Cut that green/yellow wire!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts