Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup everyone, name is Matt, live in Louisiana. Went to buy me a streetbike last saturday and left with a new streetbike and a new raptor. Not too much worried about modding it out crazy like maybe just some skid plates and exhaust. Heres the pics.

and heres one of the bike I picked up.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Sup everyone, name is Matt, live in Louisiana. Went to buy me a streetbike last saturday and left with a new streetbike and a new raptor. Not too much worried about modding it out crazy like maybe just some skid plates and exhaust. Heres the pics.

and heres one of the bike I picked up.
Welcome to the forums! Very nice bikes:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
I also have a 2009 se. I love it. Now dont forget to adjust your valves when the break in is done. Search MpLeavers thread on valve adjustment its just too easy to do.

Welcome to the family! Man are you ever going to love that raptor...

If you do put a pipe on it you might want to get a fuel controller on it so you dont run it lean and F it up. Alot of great people on here with alot of knowledge. Watch out for one in particular called Frenchie hes Nutty... Squirrel turd nutty LOL.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Somebodys making momey :)

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Very nice, and welcome to the forum.8)

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
very nice bike's .that's the way to shop!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
VERY NICE! That should keep you pretty busy! I would love to have a R1 to add to my collection. How much did it set you back?

Darryll
The R1 set me back about 13. sorry i havent replied sooner, just been busy at work.

about that break in: what is the right break in time. ive been told 2 tanks of gas and the manual says 20 hrs IIRC..

about the pipe: if i just do the slip on, should I still get the fuel controller? And whats the best bang-for-the-buck controller?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes if you just do a slip-on you will still need a controller. Alot of the people on here will reccomend the PCIII or PCV

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
I had Yamalube in it first then 10 hours later changed to another dino oil then another 10 hours later i went full synthetic and i adjusted my valves also. Was so easy you wont regret doing it yourself trust me or dont LOL. 1 quart of oil in the oil tank and 1 quart in the crankcase filer 10mm hex bolt next to the oil filter. Work s great that way and never had a problem. Make sure the oil u use is wet clutch approved.

Oh before i forget... use a new crush washer every time for the oil drain plug. Tighten it by hand then give it a 1/4 turn with the ratchet no more. And that way you will never strip your case drain thread. Aluminum casings are a bit**.

Alot of different opinions on how to change your oil and what kind to use...Just seems the way i do it is full proof everytime...Best of luck to you. Sorry for saying again but your going to love the rappy!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think i got 8 hours on it now, and im heading out for a weekend ride this friday. should i go ahead and change the oil and filter now or just wait till i get back?

also, how much life can i expect to get out of a well maintained motor?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Dont know about the motor really i could see it go 4 years i guess.

Change it now i would say because the metal shavings anyway the bigger ones are probably in the filter right now. Are you going to be riding more than 2 hours?

Just giving you my 2 cents, really its up to you. I would and i baby my rappy. then i would change it after 12 hours with some synthetic not the semi-crap. Well oil is oil if you regularly maintain your raptor you should never have any problems...I would start pushing the throttle more in the last 1 1/2 to 1 hour then go synth. Always use a new filter. 5$ is pretty cheap to have peace of mind!

After the synth is in and you properly adjusted your valves. WOOT TIME!!!

Full freakin throttle open, go fast, hit tree then go boom! Bring friends so they can laugh...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Just be careful on that R1 bro, pavement isn't as forgiving as dirt!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha yeah i know, this is my third streetbike. 06 gsxr 600, 06gsxr 1000 and now this one. heres a pic of me doing trackdays back about a year ago before i sold the 1k

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just throwing it out there, I ride a lot down here in FL and still manage to catch myself off guard sometimes with all the power my CBR1k has to bring! I've been driving more often cuz ppl down here don't care to watch out for riders. Went down twice from being cut off and it SUX!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts