Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. i just picked up an 05 660R yesterday. it is white with a red frame/accents. it is completely stock except for nerf bars. first off i want to say.....IM SORRY. sorry for what you may ask... well, for this post. i have been a member of other forums for quite some time, and i get soooo sick of these kinds of posts. but bare with me. this is my first 4 wheeler (of this kind). i have had a few honda 4x4s in the past, but this 2wd quad stuff is completely different. so, i just have a few questions.... it did not come with a manual. is my only option for getting one a yamaha dealer? i want a different bumper on front and wheelie bar on back. both are stock right now. the back one is all screwed up. it is bent up and rubbing on the plastic. could someone point me in the direction of a good source for these kinds of parts. or if you have one installed on your rig, could you post a pic? one last thing....i need a set of ramps for loading it on my truck. dont need anything special, but i would like something a little more complex than a couple 2x10s. some sort of bi-fold or tri-fold ramp would work good. any suggestions on something cheep?? thanks in advance.

-Casey

·
Registered
22 Posts
www.rockymountainatv.com have some pretty good deals . also ebay and the forums here people are selling stuff all the time.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ebay will have some cheap bumpers and grab bars and they also have service manuals and stuff for damn cheap. I bought on on CD for only $5 shipped and it has everything! As far as ramps somethimes a local shop is best since you wont have to pay shipping but if there is nothing local or close to you then there are a million sites on the internet that sell them. Good luck and enjoy your Raptor. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
735 Posts
get your manual online, they are free and every where sandwizards website has one. I like the dg fat bar in the back, looks real beefy. as far as ramps go...make sure they strap to the truck real good. consider how they will act when wet or tires are wet, I have really nice reese aluminum ramps...suck when they are wet. careful when loading, ive came up on 2 wheels before, dang near lost the rear window (ramps arent for jumping the truck :grin_nod: ) Get a trailer...you can haul more quads that way, and you wont have the wet ramp syndrome. BTW, keep in mind, if you do get ramps, bifold and trifold are nice and an added bit of security, but when you make your raptor wider (mine is 51") I havent found a folding ramp that would work. Trust me, it is a totally differnt machine with a wider stance, I wouldnt recommend going as extreme as mine if you are a woods rider, youll end up stuck between the trees.

congrats on your bike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I personally have always liked www.ripperracing.com for all the aftermarket things on my 660, they are good at shipping your order out same day or next, depending on what time you order you things...give them a try especially for your front bumper, they have lots to choose from. And for your rear grab bar, if you want to stay with the stock look buy one of these "http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-1-STAINLESS-Yamaha-ATV-Grab-Bar-Raptor-660_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43966QQihZ011QQitemZ320041226873QQrdZ1" I bought one and I swear it is 10x stronger than stock, and it looks decent too, but they have aftermarket ones at ripper too..

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Here is the link to the online manual:
http://www.sandwizards.com/Service_Manuals/raptor.pdf

Also, check your local ranch and home store for ramps, we have Murdoch's here, same as Big R or Farm & Fleet, but they are pretty reasonable for that kind of thing - better than the local stealerships anyway.

For bumpers and grab bars, look around and find what you really like by looking at member galleries and photos before you buy. Sometimes what looks cool sitting on a shelf doesn't look so cool on your bike.

Welcome to Raptor ownership.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts