Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a motor over the Internet and received it. It was built by trinity and never installed( new motor). I have build sheets , it is +4 stroker , 102mm piston and cylinder, 12.5 to 1. Heres where it gets interesting, seller claimed ported head and +2 valves, and web cam. Trinity has no record of head work. I can see that porting has been done, at least some porting. I also know I can take valve cover off and look at cam. My real question is I would like to know what I got for sure so should I remove head and send it to someone for examination. Port? +2 valves? Cam ? . Any suggestions or recommending of what to do, or who to send it to would be great. Thx!

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
Why do you need to absolutely know? It has little to do with what you will be doing to install and make it run.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Seeing as how you seem to be all fired up about this, have you tried contacting the previous owner about it to ask about the head? Did the previous owner say the head work was done by Trinity, or is this just an assumption on your part? Please don't take this the wrong way and get all boo boo on me for asking these questions. I'm trying to understand your side of things. I know you had a description of the motor you purchased in another thread, but I'm not going to go back and forth between this one and that one to make sure I've got the info straight from the horse's mouth. You could have just responded to that thread you already had going I guess. Anyway, sorry, so the head, did he say Trinity did the head work? Are you more interested in the name behind the head work, or like QM asked, isn't it enough to just know it's done? Just get the motor on the bike and let it rip man. I don't think you are going to be lacking any HP.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, i did talk to seller, he said trinity did all the work including head. I curently have a edlebrook carb, full yosi exhaust, open box and kn filter. I am going to try to get fcr before installing engine , i cant seem to find any one with details on running the edelbroke on a 719. Love the advise, i really want to do this right. I will also be sending dyna cdi to trinity for programming. Any body know much about edlebrook carbs? Thx.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks thats what i keep hearing. I am currently looking for a used set, i will buy new if no luck on used ones. Are 35 big enough or do i need 39 mm fcr?

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
That engine could support bouth. I suggest the 35's. you will have a better tuneabiliy range. Keep an eye on e-bay for the fcr'. omeone on the forum might have a set. They are hard to come by. Good luck.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet, thx.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got motor in , no luck on fcr carbs yet, did find a expert on the edelbrock carbs and at least got a starting point from him. This will at least get me going for now, fcr will still follow! This guy suggested i use a minimum of sunoco 110 race gas. I cant find sonoco around here ,but there is bp 110 andbetter( its all bp brand) . Does brand really matter, or just octain?

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
110 is a little much on the octane, but as long as it is a good brand and fresh fuel then you shouldn't have any issue. You just don't want the race gas that's been sitting stagnant in a gas station storage tank for the last 3 seasons.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Got motor in , no luck on fcr carbs yet, did find a expert on the edelbrock carbs and at least got a starting point from him. This will at least get me going for now, fcr will still follow! This guy suggested i use a minimum of sunoco 110 race gas. I cant find sonoco around here ,but there is bp 110 andbetter( its all bp brand) . Does brand really matter, or just octain?
Whaat size of FCRs are you looking for..............

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got a chance to ride this weekend , and it was amazing. Tons of power , and loads of fun. Still running Edelbrock carb for now. I have also started a r1 conversion project so this one will run like it is for now. I love the way it pulled all the way thru the trottle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts