Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought some mudlites for my 700. 22-11-9 is the size. havn't had a problem with them, can still take corners pretty fast but i saved stock tires for the track. i used to get stuck on rocks and in mud but not since theses tires. gives me more gorund clerance and alot better traction. i will post pics later on today. i recommend these tires to anyone ridin alot of trails pits and mud awesome all around tire. havn;t tried them on the track, but i don;t think i will.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I did the same a month ago also on my 660. While they dont slide as stockers,the extra clearance and how easy it powers threw mud is very nice.They throw a nasty roost also. I did find one draw back though. I was climbing a rrrough rocky trail on sunday and the balance between tire spin, and grabbing traction was miserable. Needless to say, i wrecked both front, rear fenders, handle bars on the descent as i rolled at the bottom. I not blaming the tires, it was my fear of spinning out, wheelieing, on the hill that made me lose the front brake lever for a second that made me tumble.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Just put a set on myself! 8)

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'll have all kinds of pics this weekend, just got my tires, X-bars, Dashboard, and a few other goodies. Looks like an install day coming up.

·
Registered
337 Posts
where's the pics damit :mad:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I will pop some pics this week when i tear down my quad, in the meantime RoyalDistributing.ca has pics on their site in the tire section, its a 660 but you get the idea.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ive got the 20x11-9 rears on my 660, damn I love em too, but Im not going with them on the 700, im thinkin i-razr's for the 700, ill put a pic up tomorow morning, monday

·
Registered
767 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nice lookin tires, how much and where did you get them???

·
Registered
97 Posts
do you think these tires will do good in sand. I know on trucks if you have an agressive mud terrain, they will not do as well in soft sand as an all terrain tire.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got a set of 22's on my 660, I noticed that the tire is a little more rounded like a front tire(not a flat profile when you look at the top of the tire, say looking at it straight from the back) whereas if you were to buy a bearclaw you notice that is does have a flatter profile, something more similar to a razr, or razr2, etc. The sidewalls of the tire therfore have a tendancy to fold in rather than keep there shape when doing donuts and sliding, as I have seen on my buddies yfz and he has seen when watching me. This makes it much more dangerous when trying to drift or do donuts etc, unless you put a rediculous amount of air in it which just makes it flat out uncomfortable to ride. In my opinion, and as an experienced rider on both bearclaws and mudlites, I would definitely recommend dealing with a little bit heavier of tire and going for the bearclaw, as they keep there shape much better when doing the crazy powerslides we all love to do on logging roads, or when doing endless donuts, not too mention I would have to say they are probably superior to the mudlites in the soupy stuff also. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts