Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i'm new to the forums been reading alot of good posts from everyone on here for the past week trying to decide on either a used 06 700se or a brand new 07 700se off the showroom floor. I'm looking to get one or the other on monday. and was just curious about a few things like i read some that the 06's have some flaws from the factory like the fuel pump.. not sure if there are really any others. :3question:. Then of course the new 07 has a warranty and i know that I will have been the only one to have driven it hard.. i guess it comes down to piece of mind. any input on this would be awsome thanx in advance..

·
Registered
521 Posts
I would say it comes down to what you can afford. New is alway's better if you can afford it. Like you said YOUR the only one who's beat on it. I think the fuel pump issue was a rather small batch in the begining of the 06's.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Go used. Take it to the trails and after 2 rides it looks like any of the used ones. Be patient and find one that someone didnt ride. Thats what I did. It was practically brand new with just a few small scratches on the plastic. Saved a bunch of money for a bike that had been barly ridden. Just my advice. The new se is pretty sweet looken though too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i was thinking the colors are pretty sweet also i really liked the carbon fiber look on the orange parts of the 07

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I think it come downs to how much you want to pay and when you want it!! :thumbsup: You can find great deals on hardly used quads all the time. :grin_nod: Even with mods on them. :thumbsup: But it might take a few weeks. :( Or just buy it tomorrow!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have one monday for sure lol.. think i'm kinda leaning towards the new one.. the dealer here has just the orange and black one that i could see.. theres a white and blue model available for 07 also isn't there?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Gotta remember the shocks on the '07 SE.
If you don't plan on replacing the suspension, they might be enough to make the difference.

I'm aware that the '07 SE's shocks aren't Elkas or anything, but to get aftermarket shocks with similar high and low speed compression and rebound damping adjustments could cost $1400.

Plus, I love how my black-n-orange looks, in spite of those being Harley colors.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hehe yeah the black and orange is pretty nice looking.. i guess if i really did want a different color i could just get differnt plastics lol no biggy. What kind of mods would ya suggest to start out with? i know some go with the 15t front sprocket and a K&N.. I know i want some sort of a slip on or something and if i start doing all that i think i gotta get a PCIII right?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, if you do any mods like a pipe or intake you need to get a pc111. Most people go with the 3 mods and that is an intake, exhaust and pc111. www.fuelmoto.com for the pc111 is your best bet. For the pipes and intake just start researching. Everyone has there own opinion. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I bought a brand new one b/c I didnt like not knowing what the used one has been through no matter how many hours are on it. Plus I want to break the new one in how I want to, not ride one that someone else broke in "their way" just my 2 cents

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds to me like your leaning towards the new one. But if you go used, the one your talking about (yellow and black one right?) should be good on the fuel pump. The fuel pump was replaced mid production year and guys correct me if I'm wrong but the Anniversary Edition's didn't come out till later.

Just some food for thought IF you go used. I completely understand if you go new though. Theirs nothing quite like the smell of a new quad. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah i've decided to go with a new one.. Thanx a ton everyone for all the good info.. i'll post some pics of it when i get it monday.. think its supposed to rain here then so it will prolly be muddy lmao...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Theirs nothing quite like the smell of a new quad.
I couldnt agree more. I was able to get about 6 hours on mine over the weekend and for about the first 2.5 hours the smell of the motor was great. I decided to go new because for the first 2 years its $69 per month. Its an unbeatable price for a new machine. Just try to pay it off or get close to it in the two years cause the interest and payment go up after the promo.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i went and talked to the dealership today and they got 1 Special edition left and i'm picking it up tuesday cause they are closed on mondays :eek: . It's the black and orange one and i'm getting a pretty good deal from what i can see so far the quad before taxes and junk is only $6,600!!! the regular 700r's are $6,200... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
824 Posts
blue_Streak23 said:
well i went and talked to the dealership today and they got 1 Special edition left and i'm picking it up tuesday cause they are closed on mondays :eek: . It's the black and orange one and i'm getting a pretty good deal from what i can see so far the quad before taxes and junk is only $6,600!!! the regular 700r's are $6,200... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
not bad, i picked my 07 se up in NOV for 7k :thumbsup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you're looking for some mods right away, ask your dealer about a time of purchase discount. Mine gave me 25% off whatever they had in stock, and 15% off anything they'd have to order.
....And that's how I ended up with a pile of GYT-R parts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sweet i'll have to ask them about that.. My experiance with them has been pretty good so far the sales rep i'm going thru had them put together the grey one with the red frame just so i could decide which colors i wanted lol!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts