Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
saying and doing are two different things.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Polaris is a bunch of idiots. :mad:

They have a Predator, a Predator with IRS(Outlaw), and now an Outlaw 525. A huge waste of R&D IMO.

They need to scratch the Pred and Outlaw 500. They need to build a 450(KTM :grin_nod:) race quad with a STRAIGHT AXLE. Put it in a aluminum alloy frame. Give it a hydrualic clutch and some Maxxis Razrs :thumbsup:.

Then they have a great GNCC style quad and a bitchin MXer.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys really didn't like this topic, eh? I can understand that.

But think about it, compitition will only make the Raptor better.

Also, I just got done watching one of those Polaris DVDs promoting their quads, it had the Outlaw going against the Honda 450, Yamaha 450 and the Raptor 700. the Raptor 700 may have "lost" to the Outlaw but that video only made me want one even more. (Raptor :D)

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Jeremy said:
They say it's the fastest accelerating production ATV available.
With enough people pushing it when it breaks down, sure.

It looks too big, and too heavy. Personally I'm not a huge fan of Polaris ATV's, but I hear they make a decent snowmobile.

~Brian

·
Registered
833 Posts
raptor lost the the outlaw what ever like polaris is going to make a video that shows there bike loosing to the raptor.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
therineman said:
raptor lost the the outlaw what ever like polaris is going to make a video that shows there bike loosing to the raptor.
Don't you think I know that? That's why I put lost in quotations.

Anyways, the new 525 weighs much less than the old Outlaw.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
webb429 said:
i love the raptors !! but did you notice they didn't put the 450 suzuki in their. i talked to a polaris rep when the preditor came out and he said it woukd smoke a raptor "NOT" .when your king of the hill someones always trying to knock you off
honda dealer here told me i should trade in my 660 for a new 04 450r i was why and they told me cause the 450 can do 97mph and makes close to 70hp i just laughed and said bring it on and walked out with my dads forkseals he neeed for his old 450 nighthawk dealers hahahaha what a bunch of jokes some of them can be :lol:

·
Registered
221 Posts
In regard to the accelerating thing, if the 525 is even comparable to the KTM 525SX (which I doubt), there is no doubt in my mind it would kill a Raptor 660 or 700.

Anybody that has ridden a 450 MX bike can tell you how much more power they have than a 450R or YFZ, and the 525 has more than them.

But like I said, I dont think the Outlaw will be as powerful as the mxer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
My buddy has a predator and is thinking about trading it in for a 525 when they get some in at the dealer. We went to a Polaris dealer and they showed us the video of the 525 (not the comparison one though). It seems like the suspension may be useful if you're climbing a hill covered with roots, loose rocks, and potholes, but overall it looks too boxy and bulky in my opinion. I know polaris isn't known for their outstanding performance either. To me the whole suspension deal seems a little "gimmicky" like they're trying to be like "this is the most AMAZING setup ever!! IT'S FANTASTIC!" Does anyone really know how much of a benefit this setup's really going to be?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
higher ground clearance and the tires stay on the ground better. At least that's what they claim.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Well after 3 hours at the polaris dealership (little brother got a polaris 50 quad) I got to test ride the outlaw. I weigh in at 140lbs all I can say is that it is stiff as a motha [email protected]#^%$ even my bro that weighs 220lbs said they same thing. It wont slide though it stays planted which is good and bad. The power is nice but no were near the 525 bike motor.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts