Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys this is my first post on this site and i must say i wish i discovered it ages ago, just in the process of buying another 700r raptor this time a 2007 model in the cool grey and red, this quad will be road legal here in scotland so fun will be had on wet roundabouts. Having owned a white and silver 700 raptor when they were first released and a red and black 660 raptor before that,the difference between the two is amazing as you can tell i am very very impressed, its just a shame we dont get the same awesome riding places you guys get like pismo beach etc

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Re: new owner

Yeah, but you can ride them on the street :thumbsup: Welcome! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
429 Posts

mmmm... the street. I bet the local law enforcement just loves the flickability of the raptors. Sorry oficer but the motor over came the resistance of the front end. I tried reeeeal hard to keep it down but it just wouldn't ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

yeah we sure can, fully road legal and insured so i suppose there is some pros with staying in sunny scotland, a years insurance is only £400 quid not bad for my first bike insurance policy even though i am 29. There is a few quads on the roads over here mainly those kymco ones but in my local town there is two raptors and yes they spend most of their time on the roads on either two wheels or completely sideways, the police can be ok and sometimes can be genuinely interested well the first time they catch you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,279 Posts

Roads do sound like a blast. And welcome to the forum. You'll have to head out this way someday and see what Glamis and Pismo is really like...I don't think it will let you down.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts

Welcome to the site, and congrats on your new ride (when you get it )... :thumbsup: You do realize that pic's of your new ride are required here ?? :3question: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

yes i do and i am expecting the bike to be delivered to me towards the tail end of next week, i have always wanted to come to the states, cant be this year as i am off to tokyo for two weeks ( my other passion is nissan skyline gtr s , my last one had 550bhp)so may try and come over next year

·
Registered
779 Posts

scorchio said:
yes i do and i am expecting the bike to be delivered to me towards the tail end of next week, i have always wanted to come to the states, cant be this year as i am off to tokyo for two weeks ( my other passion is nissan skyline gtr s , my last one had 550bhp)so may try and come over next year
Got to love the Skylines. I had a modded 92 300ZX Twin Turbo and an 04 WRX STi, the 2.5L 300hp stock one....with mods of course. But I'd knaw off my right arm for a mint GTR. Sadly we can't have them here unless they are more then 15 years old, beat to rat shit and overpriced. Not too many Skyline fans here....they prefer the Camaros and Mustangs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

well guys went down to my loal dealer just to check out how the red and grey looked in the flesh but they also have a very cool rare in the uk (only 50) blue and white limited edition and all i can say is wow, i am absolutely dumb founded as with its beauty, think i will have to have the limited edition, ps excuse my ugly mug on the bike......................now where is the credit card to order some go faster parts

·
Registered
91 Posts
both are sweet i have the red/grey but would love the blue/white se either one as you know will treat you right and there both great bikes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
584 Posts
The red/grey looks good but that blue/white is just sic. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh well first mod just bought, a 15 tooth front sprocket i will have to wait to save up some money to get the dmc duals and power commander

·
Registered
203 Posts
The new blue & white is so PIMP! 8)

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Welcome to a great forum ;) I love the blue and white good choice :thumbsup: Have fun on that beast..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Man, I need to find those plastics. That is a sweet combo. Grats!

·
Registered
31 Posts
scorchio said:
Hi guys this is my first post on this site and i must say i wish i discovered it ages ago, just in the process of buying another 700r raptor this time a 2007 model in the cool grey and red, this quad will be road legal here in scotland so fun will be had on wet roundabouts. Having owned a white and silver 700 raptor when they were first released and a red and black 660 raptor before that,the difference between the two is amazing as you can tell i am very very impressed, its just a shame we dont get the same awesome riding places you guys get like pismo beach etc
Hey man, I am right there with you. I too have had the black & white 660 and now have the Black & White 700R and I get to ride it on the highways as well. Here in Arizona, you can register them just like a motorcycle. I put on some dual sport rims and tires because the stock ones just got ate up by pavement.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Glad you found the site. Should have put one of those girls in the background on the quad ;) Raptoraddict those tires are crazy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
In order to be able to ride on pavement without wearing out a set of tires everyday, I swapped out the stock tires and replaced them with matching light weight aluminum rims and BFG All Terrains 27" x 8.5" x 14" for regular trucks on the rear, Carlisle All Trail 25" x 8" x 12" for ATV's or UTV's on parking lot duty, on the front. It's a lot of fun to ride and the tires are not showing any signs of wear for the 1750 miles I have on them so far (60% pavement 40% dirt).

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
should have thought of that, not a problem as the one on the right of the picture with the retro ducati jacket is my fiancee and the other is my wee bro,s fiancee, my misses likes the quads but not into putting one on the road for herself but i am working on it :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts