Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got new gytr exhaust,high flow filter jets are back ordered now will have soon.Just put on razr2's these things are awesome especially for wheelies they definately hook up.Just got a 12 tooth sprocket in today can't wait to see how this thing is gonna move. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Good deal!!! :thumbsup:

I would wait on the 12 tooth till you get your pipe/filter/jets in. It will really wake up the bottom end. You might find that you will not want to make your gearing lower with the 12 tooth.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will the throttle be a little more "snappy" without the 12 th for popping the front end to get over rocks & stuff? I road a honda 400 & liked the way that thing comes right up.I know apples &oranges but trying to come close.Trying to loose throttle lag even though it was only a split second.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have that pipe and I love it. Anyways, with the pipe, jets, and open airbox/K&N I don't even bother using first gear anymore. It's just geared too damned low. Even when I race, I'll take the holeshot in second gear. And there's not a hillclimb around I won't take in second gear, I've often upshifted to third half way up a hillclimb. I'm actually gonna go up one on the front, it's just a waste of a gear right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts