Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally ordered some of my new parts today. i will be the proud owner of a beautiful 11.5:1 tech piston and hc2 when it gets here. :D i will be ordering some skids, pcv, and tires on fri.:D:D i'm not sure exactly which skids or tires i will be getting. does anyone know a cheap website for tires? all i'm finding is 80+ for anything that looks like its worth a damn. since i want 22" that narrows my selection some too. i wanted to try those dunlop radials, quadmaxx sport i think, but only come in 20's. maybe with my new swingarm skid i wont feel so worried about the ground clearance.

i'm open to suggestions for tires and skids. and are the stick style steering stabilizers worth the money? i know they won't compare to the better puck style ones like the ccp, and whatever other brands are out there.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Try sti for tires they come from the same place that makes itp,tag metals poly skid its way light and cheap 45 to 53$ depending on where you get it, pep stick stabilizer

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the price of that tag skid is attractive, but i ride where there is alot of big, sharp rocks. so if i hit one, i really don't think it would hold up. i like the pro armor, but i'm thinkin tusk, or rock cause they are just as thick and that would give me more $ for other things.

i'm leaning toward the kenda tires right now just cause they are the cheapest ones i've found. i see alot of ppl on the forums who run them from the NE so i think i may try them out. kutter's or knarly's is my dilemma now. :lol: but those diggers flwoods runs look pretty meaty too, care to help me out with a review flwoodsraptor? :lol:

i may send my shocks out for a respring/revalve since i have got to be atleast 30lbs under the target weight. 160 or so fully equipped. so that will def help out the traction! but this would def take away from my mod money, but i am really considering it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can get the itp gncc in 21" to match your front tires.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought about that. they wear out fast from what i've read, but i may still do that. if i can find them for less than like $96 a tire!! i just bought car tires for less than that, not much less but still. :lol:

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
the price of that tag skid is attractive, but i ride where there is alot of big, sharp rocks. so if i hit one, i really don't think it would hold up. i like the pro armor, but i'm thinkin tusk, or rock cause they are just as thick and that would give me more $ for other things.

i'm leaning toward the kenda tires right now just cause they are the cheapest ones i've found. i see alot of ppl on the forums who run them from the NE so i think i may try them out. kutter's or knarly's is my dilemma now. :lol: but those diggers flwoods runs look pretty meaty too, care to help me out with a review flwoodsraptor? :lol:

i may send my shocks out for a respring/revalve since i have got to be atleast 30lbs under the target weight. 160 or so fully equipped. so that will def help out the traction! but this would def take away from my mod money, but i am really considering it.
Aluminium grabs rocks the poly will slide right over and it is really thick so don't worry about it standing up to abuse there are quite a few people on here running these just so you know

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
The rears I have are Maxxis Sur Tracs and they work great on rough nasty rocky terrain. If you get the Kenda Kutters or Knarlys get the XCs the tread is deeper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts