Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend I went ahead and completed the re-jetting process. I have the full CT system and a K&N with plate and no lid on my airbox. CT called for a 170 and 175 main jet swap with there needles. I did that and it made a HUGE difference. I noticed a slight sputter in the low throttle and initial nailing of the throttle so I ordered 2 #25's and 2 #27.5's for the pilot jets. I went ahead and went with the 25's for now thanks to Segkast's info. WOW!! That thing was trying to throw me off in third gear. My one question is should I do that clear tube deal where you re-adjust your floats?? I belive there is a sticky on it. Does it make that big of a difference?? Thanks for any input on this.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't hurt by any means, I never did it though.

Glad you've got her running well :beer:
I think it's running just about as close to perfect as possible. That clear tube sticky says doing that "Unleashes the Raptors true power". I'm curious as to if its really that big of a difference. I might give it a go. I'll post my results when I do. Thanks Seg. :beer:

·
Master of the Electron
15,882 Posts
Adjusting the floats does not add any more power... it can, however, help you IF you run out of fuel on extended WOT runs (it extends the period before running dry), or when going up long hills (prevents jets from being uncovered by fuel)...

Else, if your bike is running well, under all conditions, just leave the floats alone. Changing the float level can require a new 'tweaking' of all jet settings.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adjusting the floats does not add any more power... it can, however, help you IF you run out of fuel on extended WOT runs (it extends the period before running dry), or when going up long hills (prevents jets from being uncovered by fuel)...

Else, if your bike is running well, under all conditions, just leave the floats alone. Changing the float level can require a new 'tweaking' of all jet settings.
You know the sticky that I am talking about then? Clear tube method or whatever.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did the clear tube method and it seemed to make my rappy a little bit more responsive.
Did you have to tweak your jetting once you did it? My jetting seems pretty good as of now.

·
Master of the Electron
15,882 Posts
I did the clear tube method and it seemed to make my rappy a little bit more responsive.
Just means you weren't jetted properly in the first place. All changing the float level does is change the height of the fuel in the float bowls...

If you raise the level, the jets are covered in more fuel and will aspirate more into the air stream (the same vacuum pulls more fuel to the top of the jet - it's sucking on a shorter straw) - it will be richer. Conversely, if you lower the fuel level, the jets will aspirate less - it's leaner.

If changing level makes the bike run better (and I'm not talking about long trips at WOT or going up steep hills, wheelieing, etc. - that's a good reason to raise the level), that tells you that your jetting was not right-on for the old level, that's it. If your jetting IS right-on, and then you change the fuel level, your jetting is no longer correct.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just means you weren't jetted properly in the first place. All changing the float level does is change the height of the fuel in the float bowls...

If you raise the level, the jets are covered in more fuel and will aspirate more into the air stream (the same vacuum pulls more fuel to the top of the jet - it's sucking on a shorter straw) - it will be richer. Conversely, if you lower the fuel level, the jets will aspirate less - it's leaner.

If changing level makes the bike run better (and I'm not talking about long trips at WOT or going up steep hills, wheelieing, etc. - that's a good reason to raise the level), that tells you that your jetting was not right-on for the old level, that's it. If your jetting IS right-on, and then you change the fuel level, your jetting is no longer correct.
My raptor is running like a scalded dog so I better not mess with it. Thanks for the knowledge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.