Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a cp 11:1 102 piston, but do I have to hone my cilinder first

it has like 30000 km on it.

·
Registered
555 Posts

If I'm reading that km right I'd suggest checking the cylinder for wear, taper, roundness and nikasil condition. You may need to have it repaired first to bring it back into spec.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

Damn.

Your Raptor must be road legal

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah no shit thats like 20,000 miles lol! What kind of engine oil do you use? I would definetly just replace the cylinder or have it rebuilt along with the rest of the top end. If your putting that many miles on her then obviously you wont want to tear it apart again anytime soon so just do it right :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But I dont have enought money, sponsoring is always welcome :p

The last time when I had my valves checked the compresion was very good the guy didn't even say that I had too change my piston. He said normaly you have too change it at 25000 km but mine was very good sow, but now i want a new piston 11:1 and a hotcam stage 2.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Hmmm.. Well then just pull the head off and mic the cylinder before you order a new piston. That way if you need to bore it out and re-nikasil then you can order your new piston with the right specs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mmm i'm not a good mechanic, I wanted to bring my raptor to the dealer and let him fix it.

But its probably wise to check it first before ordering anything.

I will cal the guy tommorow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Get it honed for sure if it's not scratched to bad. Mine was with/in spec and had some scratches. My builder and another builder said to resleeve.. I didn't and the hone took a lot of the scratches out. Dyno'd my quad and my bros which are exact builds other then pipes. They both dyno'd identical and mines an 06 original bore and his is an 08 original bore.. Break new piston rings and hone in w/ conventional motor oil not synthetic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts