Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a pretty bad experience, regarding a warranty on a PC III, I've found light at the end of my tunnel. The new Power Commander with adjustable timing (part # 22-046) should be on my Raptor within the next 2 weeks. Fully equipped with a launch limiter, and some other fine new features. I had a problem with the PC III, and after being hassled about the unit, I spoke to someone pretty high up in the Dynojet Research facility. It turns out, instead of getting another PC III, I'll just be waiting to install the updated version! Best of all, IT'S ON THE HOUSE! 8)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought the power commander V series is for the newer raptors? I am now in the market for one for my '06 and it appeared the PCIII was my only option.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I want one NOW !!! Hahaha

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got word, we are about set on the NEW RELEASE!!!! Does the MSD have options for a launch limiter? Well, the PC does. Features and software for creation of a (stall) like tranny. You set the RPM range for which your quad will react to. The drag guys (no ****) are going to love the new PC! It has a few more tricks up it's sleeve as well! Can't friggin wait!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To add, the maps are coming pretty close to dead on regarding A/F ratio. For those who are perfectionist, and light years away from a dyno center, there is always the good ol' auto tune option! Can't beat this unit.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So what's the big deal on a launch limiter for those of us that don't actually drag race? just curious.
Nothing I reckon, but it's cool to know if you decide to drag race, or have more consistent launching period, the feature is there. I don't drag either, but at the local riding parks, lanes and lights are set, and I occasionally tend to participate. :D

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
WTF? Launch limiter? I have had probably over 100+ launches this year, including multiple holeshots at the local track and a few runs at the local 1/8 mile drap stip and I've never once wanted or needed a launch limiter. All you need is a good grip on the throttle and clutch and get comfortable with your Raptor.

·
Registered
320 Posts
come on now dont go bagging it out its new its exciting too.... lets see just see it , what it does and what price it comes at ? i betcha that the pcv mk2 has a free database with more aggressive ignition curves

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
I'm not bagging on it at all. Seems like a neat feature, but I don't think it's going to be the deciding factor when it comes down to it. Most people will never use it.

·
VALVE DROPPER
940 Posts
Most folks will never use it.. However for the all out drag bikes, its a great tool for consistent launches..

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Most folks will never use it.. However for the all out drag bikes, its a great tool for consistent launches..
That's all I was saying. No sense in beating a dead horse. It's like I struck a nerve or something. I never said it was deal maker or breaker, yet a nice feature. -20 - +20 adjustable timing, with free data base, sick pre-loaded maps, and best of all, for the perfectionist w/o dynos near by, AUTO TUNE :D Auto Tune itself is a deal maker. The nicest part about it is even when future mods are made, (as most will be) you can still have a perfectly tuned map! When the competition actually starts competing, than maybe I'll start considering other options! ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
That's all I was saying. No sense in beating a dead horse. It's like I struck a nerve or something. I never said it was deal maker or breaker, yet a nice feature. -20 - +20 adjustable timing, with free data base, sick pre-loaded maps, and best of all, for the perfectionist w/o dynos near by, AUTO TUNE :D Auto Tune itself is a deal maker. The nicest part about it is even when future mods are made, (as most will be) you can still have a perfectly tuned map! When the competition actually starts competing, than maybe I'll start considering other options! ;)
Auto tune is an expensive wide band in my opinion.
All it does is use software to change the map for you.
I would rather use a wide band and log my A/F ratio and make the changes myself.
It's all the same shit but with a different smell.

·
Registered
320 Posts
i dont think the pcv m2 is being made with just the raptor 700 in mind

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Agreed. Still, some members simply jump out of the window with a sentence... SMH

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey Tqs .... think im going to go with the pcv mk2 my quad has a GYTR full pipe and monster intake ... will you have a map that will work for me and also if i buy the ignition curve will i see any improvement on my quad or will it be a waste of cash.... how much is it going to cost me shipped to Australia ?
:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts