Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been talking to the guys with CFM air intakes about building me a custom airbox for my 660R raptor with the specs of a box ive designed and i was just wondering if anyone has a CFM box and if so it there nice air boxes?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody uses CFM air boxs?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
i dont even use an airbox.
its been discussed which way the filter stays cleaner.
personally unless you wide thru alot of water save your money and get rid of the air box
mike

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The box is a multi-purpose box. Its going to house my air filter, battery, aswell as a small toolbox.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
If they could make it so the tabs line up for FCRs w/Trinity manifold piece, I would possibly interested in one depending on how the design works out with the battery and whatnot ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im working on the specs now, its not as easy as it seemed lol. I have to cut and trim the plastics under the seat and also messure it to give me plenty of room for my edlebrock carb aswell as my intake hose aswell as make sure it doesnt rube on the frame in the corners and damage the finish on my frame but as soon as i get it designed and on the frame i'll post a few pics and you can see what you think. Now being im making the box for my bike im going to remove the rear break light bracket and place the light on the airbox.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea thats pretty much what i had in mind lol. Nice pipes, maker and modle?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice im wanting to go with duals but i like the sound of curtis sparks. Need to find a dual with the sound of the sparks exhaust lol

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Ain't nothin gonna sound like the Sparks as far as duals go :lol: They just ain't that loud ! That's a great pipe, I'd stick with it for a while for sure :thumbsup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea the X-6 is a great exhaust but duals just scream power and speed lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts