Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone? I bought an 09 700 SE recently, I'm a newly reformed Kawie rider (Suzuki before that) and so far I love this machine. I'm looking for good places to ride in the Colorado Springs area if anyone knows of any I would appreciate the heads up. I've been reading some of the FAQ's and haven't seen any posts on this so I'll just go ahead and ask. Are there any year specific problems that I should watch out for? It's bone stock for now dual exhaust, EFI programmer, and new filter/air box lid in the works. Here are some pics of the first time out, thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Looks good just like mine! LOL. I love it!

No info for riding places in your neck of the woods sorry!

Welcome to the family!

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
well welcome to the family:D the pic's you posted look's good ! i'm sure some one from your area will chime in on places to ride.the area in the pic's look's fun as hell . Colorado is some beautiful area! :D plus in joy it the ride for a while before ya get the mod bug going! well happy riding . :D oh ya on the year thing. i think the 06 had vapor lock problem and overheating in the early one's. but i have a 06 and have not had any prob's at all.they fix the vapor lock with a vent hose on the gas cap. but i think that was the only issues for that year .the rest havent heard anything on them .the raptor is very reliable and don't break down much. most get into trouble when they mod and don't do there homework on the mod's they do ! but that's what were all here fo to help when trouble come's up .

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome! I have a few buddies that used to be stationed there. Search this on facebook- jon owens louisville He doesn't live there anymore but he might be able to help you out or know a few people that even ride there. Tell him that Smitty sent ya!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for the responses and the info, and I will look him up and see if I can get some rides going out here. The area I was riding at in the pics was Grand Junction CO its a good place to ride just too far away to really be fesable, if you're ever in the area it's a fun place to go. Anyway thanks again guys I appreciate the info.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'd say the best thing that you could do is to go to an ATV shop in your area and ask where the trails are.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts