Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i got a 07 raptor a few days ago, has hypers, big gun with power bomb, nerfs, and a few other things, Now with the problems, It doesnt have first gear, shifts through 2-5 smooth, when i try to go into first its kinda like there is nothing there, push harder it kinda grinds, the guy i bought it from has been riding it that way for two years, or so he says, What do you guys think could be the problem? Now for the second problem, it bogs out when you hit it wide open and then pops when you let off im new to efi so any suggestions would be helpfull

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
lol i'm from Roseville. I saw the craigslist posting for it last week. Did the guy come down in price at all. Think it was listed for $2200. Somewhere in there. Good deal! Especially with all the stuff it had.

I don't think there's any easy way to see why first gear is out. Sounds like the gear might be completely shot inside. If it doesn't bother you, I'd just ride it. Especially if he said it's been runnin like that for 2 years. Otherwise, if you're lookin to get it fixed. May not be a bad idea to have some minor motor work done while it's all in pieces :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea he came down more than i thought he would :D and yea i was thinking since i can spend some cash on it i would probly do some motor work if i would split the cases and fix the transmission, any idea on the bogging and popping tho? i plan to mess around with the efi controller this weekend more but just any ideas on what to mess around with?

·
Pity is freely given, Jealousy is earned
264 Posts
If you dont have the software you'll need to install that on your PC also.
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/downloads/default.aspx

Once its installed just connected it to your PC3/5 on the quad (ignition turned on) and it should populate the map. From there you can change the map to somehting that you have downloaded. Its a good idea to name the something you'll know what they are once you download them so you dont get them mixed up.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Hold on.

:lol:

sounds like you have a good start with it thus far since it has exhaust and a fuel controller. Does it have an after market intake on it also?

shameless plug. I have an aftermarket intake kit for sale. as well as a pro armor frame skid. (and a few other things) so, if you're lookin for stuff. Since you're local, I could hook ya up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts