Raptor Forum banner

New Raptor/Member

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Boost 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been browsing the forums over the past few months and have been getting a ton of useful information on the Raptor 700's. I'll be picking up my new gray 07' Raptor 700 this weekend from my dealer, I'm definately over excited and itching to get on it and ride. I've owned a couple Honda's in the past and have rode a few of my buddies yamaha's and can't wait to get out on the new raptor. Guess the only problem is now that the freakin weather is going to be shitty for the next few days, gotta love Ohio weather I guess :mad:. Well just wanted to introduce myself quick.
On a side note whats some good starting mods/accessories that I should be looking at. Thanks.

#2 ·
Welcome to the site.. :thumbsup:

1) Riding gear if you don't have any..
2) Skid plates..Protect your investment..
3) Tires, I'm not impressed with the stockers..
4) Upgrade your suspension, you've got plenty of motor stock..A better suspension will allow you to ride faster and safer..
5) Motor upgrades if you are riding on the edge after all the above and feel you still need more power..

Thats the order I'm doing things basically, hey its your quad and your money do what ya like !! :grin_nod:

#6 ·
SIC said:
Welcome!

and yea as mike stated Protection for yourself and the rappy is a must :thumbsup:
excuse the jack...

Hey Sic whats the weather doing up there ?? I'm outside Houston and its warm here..... :grin_nod:

#7 ·
#8 ·
:doublebird: Welcome :doublebird:

#9 ·
SIC said:
Big Mike said:
SIC said:
Welcome!

and yea as mike stated Protection for yourself and the rappy is a must :thumbsup:
excuse the jack...

Hey Sic whats the weather doing up there ?? I'm outside Houston and its warm here..... :grin_nod:

I hate you...

if u must know heres what my week looks like :'(

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/12167?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

Yuck !! :puke:

I'll be headed back that way towards the end of the week, against my will of course.. :lol: :lol:

#10 ·
Trade all of you for the weather I'm having in Toronto Canada! It's friggen snowing outside! Thought we were done with this. Geuss not. I was just starting to get my fishin gear ready for spring fishing. OH well, back to the closet it goes. Ice isn't safe for ice fishing anymore either.

Welcome to site as well. Best resource site bar none. Definately get the full skid package if you do any forest trail running. These beasts have zilch ground clearance and the GYTR skids work great at keeping rocks from doing damage to your rear end. The tires are ok for general trail riding, but for mud, forget it. They get caked up in no time and become as useless as a bag of hammers!

enjoy your new ride

#11 ·
Hemi/Raptor700 said:
Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been browsing the forums over the past few months and have been getting a ton of useful information on the Raptor 700's. I'll be picking up my new gray 07' Raptor 700 this weekend from my dealer, I'm definately over excited and itching to get on it and ride. I've owned a couple Honda's in the past and have rode a few of my buddies yamaha's and can't wait to get out on the new raptor. Guess the only problem is now that the freakin weather is going to be shitty for the next few days, gotta love Ohio weather I guess :mad:. Well just wanted to introduce myself quick.
On a side note whats some good starting mods/accessories that I should be looking at. Thanks.
Where in Ohio are you from? Where do you ride?

#12 ·
Thanks guys for the welcome and the suggestions on mods. Currently looking at getting skid plates and other protection for the atv for the first round of mods.
I'm from around the Lima, OH area. Couple places I ride around locally, we have a couple mile stretch up and down the river set up. Looking to find some other places to ride as well, I hear there are some excellent places to ride in Michigan maybe heading up there as well. I am getting my raptor from Honda East in Maumee, they suggested a few places up that way as well.

#14 ·
Same here DesertRat...Hemi-Raptors....now that dog'll hunt.....oh guy's don't want to piss ya off but it was 89 here in J'ville today and I got 5 hrs worth of riding in....gonna ride another 4 tomorrow... :wootwoot: sorry had the throw that up at ya :beer:

oh yea...welcome aboard Hemi/Raptor....lot a good folk here on this forum....everyone seems to not mind helping out, anwsering question...

#15 ·
Hemi/Raptor700 said:
Thanks guys for the welcome and the suggestions on mods. Currently looking at getting skid plates and other protection for the atv for the first round of mods.
I'm from around the Lima, OH area. Couple places I ride around locally, we have a couple mile stretch up and down the river set up. Looking to find some other places to ride as well, I hear there are some excellent places to ride in Michigan maybe heading up there as well. I am getting my raptor from Honda East in Maumee, they suggested a few places up that way as well.
I will be in Lima in May for the 4x4 Nationals at the fairgrounds.

#18 ·
Re: New Raptor/Member (Pictures)

Picked it up yesterday. Rode it for a bit yesterday, it was a balmy 30 deg. and snowy out.
Got some pictures today of it along side my truck, snowing today as well :mad:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.