Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new to me 07 Raptor 700r. It has less than 20 hours and has a K&N, mod box and DRD exhaust. I've had it out once so far and I love it. I do most of my riding on the Oregon dunes and try to get out there at least once a month.

Obligatory introductory pic:

On my first ride I noticed that the it seemed to fall on its face in 5th gear compared to the lower gears. Now I discover that there is a speed sensor/limiter? Should this be my next mod? Kinda nervous cutting on my brand new baby, but I am a big guy and could use all the power I can get.

Thanks!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Cuttin the wire is going to give you more top speed by a few mph, not more up/tq. You could get a dynatek programmable ignition with custom curves and ur feel a chrisper throttle response, also go with a bigger rear sprocket if your looking for a lil more low end if you don't need to be max top speed in 5th

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congratulations, its a great feeling isn't it, and you joined the right forum!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I think I am going to leave the speed sensor alone for now as I don't plan on racing much and I am fine as long as i have big power in the first 3 gears(lots of hills at the dunes). Maybe I will change out the front sprocket if I need a tad more grunt. What's the consensus on the best tooth count for the front sprocket?

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
I ride winchester bay dunes, I run 15 tooth sprocket. 21x12x8 skats, & am at 60 HP. My 3rd gear is great for ripping up the bigger dunes. 2nd gear starts on the Idiot Hills. IMO 21" rear tires are the hot set up. Best of both worlds, More floatation & still able to rat race around " pitch it sideways without wanting to roll over sideways ".

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Nice John jr, Winchester bay is where we usually go too. It's a 74 mile drive from my house in Cottage Grove ;-). I am running nine paddle extremes, not sure of the size though. I noticed last weekend I had to air em up to get enough clearance to get around on the super wet sand. Once I did though it went up everything I pointed it at. Even that big ass hill that leads the back way to banshee hill...I never dared taking my old warrior up that! To be honest I'm not even sure what sprocket is on there now, I would assume stock.

EDIT...just watched your vid....the first trail looks to be the widowmaker just north of banshee hill. That thing is a biatch. Love the vid!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, welcome to the forum. I enjoy the oregon dunes too :D
Awesome, one of the best places anywhere to ride IMHO. Looks like we have the same bike too! Maybe we will cross paths some weekend!

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Awesome, one of the best places anywhere to ride IMHO. Looks like we have the same bike too! Maybe we will cross paths some weekend!
I love it...then again i enjoy any where i get the chance to ride. nothing like being on the bike and burning some gas :) for sure, i'll keep an eye out :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts