Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new 2007 Raptor today.
Here's some of the quads I have owned in the past.

2005 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Honda CRF 230 F
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450

2005 Twister Hammerhead (sold)
2004 Bombardier Outlander 400 (sold)
2002 Kawasaki Prairie 650 (sold)
2000 Honda 400EX (sold)
1990 Honda 250X (sold)

This Raptor is absolutely amazing. The engine is very strong. I can't wait to get this thing out on the trail.
My friend with a Honda 450 quad says he will beat me. Is this true.

I picked up some mudlites on the way home that are now mounted on Douglas .190 rims.

Here are the pics
Let the Mods Begin

·
Registered
579 Posts
Re: New Raptor Owner

He is talking smack. He does have a shot if he is modded and you are not, especially with those mud lights on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If the 450R is a 06-07 & he has a hrc kit and a K&N then he will absolutely beat you, if his is stock then it will be a very close race, also depends upon the terrain, the 450 will have more wheel spin on loose sand/dirt but on hard packed the 450 will pull harder. But this is a Raptor forum so I am sure it will be disputed

BTW, I have both, Raptor & 450R

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I pull my brothers 450r easily but I have the big 3 and he is stock so I dont know what they would be like stock to stock.

Enjoy the bike man and happy modding. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I raced a stock 450r on dirt, Nothin to it, Well maybe a little, but nothing to be worried about, If he is modded I have no idea, I know this guy had a full exhaust system. And how do those mudlites hook up? I want some, but Have no idea if I could still slide and such. Tell me how you like em.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Honda 450 even with the HRC won't beat stock 700. My modded Z400 easily beat HRC 450s. Before the big bore it was dead even (cams, ignition, slipon). But even after the BB YFZs still spanked me by a couple lengths.

·
Registered
394 Posts
No way the 450 would beat you if it's stock also. A friend of mine has a 450 that he is experienced on. I just bought my 700R and of course he wanted to race me (he's a smack talker). We are around the same height and weight. He was real quiet when we got back after my rappy walked him. My other friend was cracking up, because he's one of those that always talks smack. He didn't have a word to say when we got back to his house. He did ask me how much I paid for it. (Maybe he's thinking of buying one now) ;) As far as the moding goes, I'm sure if you mod the 700 it would beat the moded 450.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
stock to stock youll get him. this is assuming you guys are around the same weight and skill and that you can hook up. btw short shift the 700 if you dont know yet.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
nice bike!!!
i want a seat cover like that one for my white rappy, i think that'd really make the lines flow....
my buddy weighs 140 and beat me on his stock 450r just by about a half of quad lenth at dumont last time we were there, i wanted to switch off and see how he did on mine but he didn't want to cuz he didn't want to crash my bike....i'll give him credit on that one

·
Registered
100 Posts
legbuh said:
Honda 450 even with the HRC won't beat stock 700. ........
Put the crack pipe down please ....... '06/'07 450R Honda w/HRC makes 47hp and weighs 350lbs dry, Raptor 700 makes 38hp and weighs 396lbs dry, there must be some kind of magic that makes the Raptor win?

·
Registered
912 Posts
My 3mod 700 beats my friends '07 ctracing piped trx450 easily. That HRC kit is a little overated if you ask me. Correct me if I'm wrong but the '07yfz owns the '07trx. Then of course you have the LTR-450 bringing up the rear. Start the race in second gear if you race on dirt and by the time you grab third, that 450 will be seeing the R1 style LED brakelight. Another thing to remember is, short-shift your 700 because torque plays a big part in the race and the 700 makes a shitload at low rpms. 8)

·
Registered
79 Posts
GRANCUDA said:
legbuh said:
Honda 450 even with the HRC won't beat stock 700. ........
Put the crack pipe down please ....... '06/'07 450R Honda w/HRC makes 47hp and weighs 350lbs dry, Raptor 700 makes 38hp and weighs 396lbs dry, there must be some kind of magic that makes the Raptor win?
47hp? Now how's on the crackpipe. :) Must be sparks' dyno... lol. I've seen 50hp dynos for them as well, but I've also seen low 40s with the same mods.. it's all in the dyno. Even the rappy can be 40 on one and 50 on another.

Which reminds me, there's no reason a stock rappy 700 shouldn't be making at least 50-55hp. Torque is insane compared to the 450s, though. That makes a big difference too.. it's not just HP.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ok, Ok, this is a Raptor site so yes, the Raptor is the fastest in this race. My Raptor is way faster than my 450R is when I am on this website and when I am on the 450R site, my 450R smokes the Raptor bigtime. Both numbers were from the same dyno.
Also, "....50-55hp from a Stock Raptor..." give me a break, what is next my Stock Raptor will out run a new ZX14?

·
Registered
791 Posts
i raced an hrc 450 on pavement at a dragstrip both suspensions strapped he weighs less thani do and i still beat him my bike was stock save for the sparky removed and the lid off 47 horsepower my ass

1 - 17 of 17 Posts