Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fella's/ladies I'm sure the info I need is in the forums but after a couple of hours of reading I'm still at a loss. I just bought my 2011 raptor 700se a few months ago. The other day my buddy bought a 09 raptor 700. Both quads are completely stock. We did three drag's on pavement a city block long and I barely won. Now he's ordering crap like crazy so he can beat me. What do you all recommend for upgrades? I don't want nothing that will shorten my engine life. I have no idea about fuel maps and stuff like that. Is it possible to get dual exhaust a plug and play programmer and intake?

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
if your only doing the big (or little) 3 you don't really need duals but they look sweet as hell.. but what I'm trying to say is the money could be spent in better places

·
Registered
951 Posts
Start with the big three and leave yourself room to expand. What I mean by that is, get the best stuff first. If you get a second rate exhaust and intake to save money, you will find yourself trying to sell it later on fleebay and reordering. So just save yourself the time and money and get the fci intake and dualls on the first order. Also I personally like the pcIII over the pcV, but that could go either way.

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
I totally agree with Trent, go duals, I would suggest barkers standard bore, FCI intake, and PCIII. You don't get a second chance at doing it right the first time.

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
I totally agree with Trent, go duals, I would suggest barkers standard bore, FCI intake, and PCIII. You don't get a second chance at doing it right the first time.
+1, do it right the first time. Money ahead in the long run. 8)

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
From the research I have gathered the duals are good for around 3whp more than the best single but if I remember correct there was more of a gain in upper rpms vs the single. Power under the curve is a big thing when it comes down to it more than peak numbers. Like said above duals will give the best gains. Saying that the HMF single I just installed seems to have much more power under the curve than before but with only 44.3whp its not leaps and bounds above stock for peak power.

·
Registered
94 Posts
+2 on the go spend the money once.....

You need a good base to make the power and just in case you ever want more. Cause you are going to outrun your buddy and he is going to be pissed and spend more money. Then he is going to be faster and you are going to spend more money. BACK AND FORTH IT WILL GO :mad::mad:!!!

SOME OF THESE GUYS HAVE 80HP TRAIL BIKES.....GOTTA LOVE IT:D

Dual exhaust= Barker, DMC's or Monsters
Single exhaust= Sparks racing XX6 <-----NO OTHER SINGLE CLOSE

PCV or PC3

FCI w/ box <-----THE BEST IMO

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
Any intake that costs less than the FCI isnt worth a shit, the stock intake tube sucks and needs to be gone as soon as possible. And about the duals/single thing, I believe I have seen some of the fastest raptors in the world and not 1 of them is runing a single. Take that how you will.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i don't think you have to worry about too much shortening your engine life as far as general mods go. although if you have an extended warranty, you might void it by adding exhaust and so on. i've never dealt with that, so that's just what i've read.

and it really doesn't get much easier than ordering the big 3 and having the fuel controller come pre-mapped, so all you have to do is install and you're good to go. my best advice is to get a COMMON set up! it is so much easier to find good maps to run with the pc 3 and 5

·
Registered
951 Posts
+1 on the common setup. There are plenty of maps out there for the barkere dualls, pcIII, and fci. Call Steve at TQS. He will hook you up.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Couldn't agree more. I recently bought my 700 after toying around with a 660. I felt just you as far as bores/strokes go, and decided I wil only do "bolt ons". After lots of research, I found what seemed to be one of the best, if not the best big 3 combos:

BARKER DUAL EXHAUST

PC III or PC V

FCI W/BOX

I won't lie when I tell you the difference in speed, acceleration, and throttle response, scared the living what not out of me! :wow: It was like a whole new quad. Not to mention, I by passed the speed sensor. 8)

I'm currently gathering more goodies now. 15 tooth front sproket for a top speed increase. Precision Pro stabilizer steering stabilizer, because we hit the trails hard. Got the Fasst Flexx bars, because I need to hit the trails even harder! :D

I drag raced this past weekend, with the mods on my signature. I beat a YZ 250F, & a KTM 250 SX-F. Several 450 quads as well. Durhamtown, GA

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Any intake that costs less than the FCI isnt worth a shit, the stock intake tube sucks and needs to be gone as soon as possible. And about the duals/single thing, I believe I have seen some of the fastest raptors in the world and not 1 of them is runing a single. Take that how you will.
I have yet to see a turbo bike with duals on it.:stir:

Yes, like everyone is saying do it right the first time. I learned the hard way, an i didn't find this site till after I had started modding stuff. "Come to find out Dirt Wheeles' isn't the foremost for good info!" LMAO! Get a set of duals "Barker" and pc3/pc5 and at least a intake adapter if not a fci intake.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts