Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, a hello! First time here.. Looks like a great place..

I purchased a used 2001 Raptor from someone local. I paid 2600 bucks for it. It seems to be in good condition, I had my mechanic friend (I work at a dealership) look at it. We only got to start it at night, didnt get to ride it at all before purchasing it. I got it home today and got to put some time on it. I have some possible issues to work out though..

1. I'm not sure what the clutch is supposed to be like. It seems to be worn a bit. I have to let it out almost all the way giving it a good amount of throttle just to keep it from stalling. I have no experience with Raptors so I have nothing to compare it to. I do however have a couple motorcycles, cant compare it to them though..

2. I was going fine for a while, but then all of a sudden EVERTHING shut down, electrical and all. Let it chill for a sec, turned the key and it worked. It did this a few times so I just took it home. I'm going to look at it tomorrow, hopefully its just a loose or crusty wire on the battery but can anyone think of anything else it could be?

3. There is a squeak coming from the front end, not exactly sure where from. I'm going to look at it in daylight tomorrow and try something.. Maybe just needs some good ol' lube.

4. The quad hasnt been serviced recently so I'm going to do the plug and the oil/filter. Anything else to check/maintain on it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just change oil/filter/plug and clean and oil the airfilter then grease all the zerks you can find. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
new oil, clean filter, new plug, grease the EFF outta it, Check over all the plugs on wire harness.

it shouldnt just turn off and go pitch black like that...

·
Registered
960 Posts
all of what they they said

·
Registered
34 Posts
The squeek is comming from either the front shocks or the rear shock. This is a common issue with the 660's. Squirt some WD-40 in the bushings and the squeek sould go away for a little while.

·
Registered
960 Posts
or just pull them off and regrease them it got annoying after a while

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.